• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Deal on a Dual Opty?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CobraXP

Ive decided to move to a dual Opteron, anyone know of a place that has good deals fro a 2.0 or 2.2?

monarch

1. AMD Opteron 146 Coupon Code: 51206-120331 $70.00 Off
2. AMD Opteron 148 Coupon Code: 51206-120333 $45.00 Off
3. AMD Opteron 165 Coupon Code: 51206-120339 $70.00 Off
4. AMD Opteron 170 Coupon Code: 51206-120341 $35.00 Off
5. AMD Opteron 175 Coupon Code: 51206-120343 $50.00 Off

To be honest if you where going to build an expensive enough pc around say 1500-2000 english pounds you could actually fly to america buy the parts and fly back for the same price ... is silly.

Example Opterons around 250 USD also 250 english pounds over here

250 english pounds is around 450 USD on the exchange rate :(

or to put it the other way 250 USD is about 150 english pounds :p

All BS aside. If you guys from Europe want something from here, PM me. I'll get it and send it to you. Of course you don't know me and sending money to someone you don't know is always risky. All I can tell you is that I'm a 42 year old successful engineer with a family- I don't need to rip people off for a couple of dollars.

I would not charge a fee to do this. I'm just making the offer to help out my European neighbors.

My username on eBay is torquewinsraces if you would like to look at my feedback there to see how I do business.

yeah, I'd be more than willing to help out fellow OC'ers in other countries! the problem lies in shipping costs, but if the price difference is that big we could get you parts and ship them and you'd still be out ahead.

I'll prob have a 165 for sale in a couple weeks.

Zanai said:
Example on an opty alone shipping from america could cost 200 USD and it would be same price as over here LOL

I just checked the UPS website. To ship a 2 lb (1 kilo) package from Richmond, VA to London is about $65 with a declared value of $300. For a declared value of $1000 it's about $70. Those are express rates, I don't see any other rates. But, for $70 the item can be there in 2 days. Not bad considering that it's taking a trip across the "pond". ;)

It's certainly something to think about if the savings and availability are worth it to you. It seems as though I'm not the only person who is willing to help out.

$65? What shipping options are you looking under?

I just went to www.usps.com/clicknship, put in my address here in TN with a receiver's address in the UK, put in 2 lbs for the package and $300 value, and it costs $15.75 for Global Priority Mail, which takes 4 to 6 days. Express mail (3 to 5 days) is still only $30 and some change.

Overseas mail is pretty cheap now with USPS. I've used Global Priority several times, and it's generally there faster than UPS from California to Tennessee gets here.

Yeah, I used USPS to ship a fan to France a while back and it cost me about $12. The cpu would be cheaper so I'd say you could get it there insured for $20 or less.

Back