• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW: Mac Book Apple Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
even though i probably wont buy any of these, this does push lower end g3/g4 ibooks down in price which is a good thing.

these look nice but seemed very overpriced in comparison to what you could get from a dell lappy, the 1099 version has integated gfx, only 512mb ram, slow 5200rps 60gb hdd, 15 inch display, and a 1.8ghz intel duo cpu

n0aH said:
these look nice but seemed very overpriced in comparison to what you could get from a dell lappy, the 1099 version has integated gfx, only 512mb ram, slow 5200rps 60gb hdd, 15 inch display, and a 1.8ghz intel duo cpu

That's Apple for you... urgh... now the effing fanboyism is going to run amock... Apple seems to make good products, although slightly overpriced, but I just can't stand the fanbase... has to be one of the most annoying things ever.

I'm not impressed. I wish they had made it silver instead of black and white. Maybe the black will look better than I imagine.

I think the black looks nice...only thing about the black one is that you can not get it for the base price of 1099, you have to get a better cpu with it to get black, which makes it cost more :(

I suppose Mac OSX runs much lighter than XP eh ? Not....

I see all the options on the front page only have 512MB RAM (even the exepensive ones)... meh

Well that wouldn't be too expensive to upgrade. Even so if it's already $1200 before you even get the RAM configuration you want, you're going to end up spending $500 more than you would from somebody like Dell to get the same hardware.

I just got the Macbook Pro, the cheapest model which is the 2ghz core duo, 512 ram, ati x1600 128mb vid card, 80gb hard drive, etc.. I'll be getting another gig of ram for it (from newegg not apple.. $300 for 1gb of ram is crazy)

Overall I'm impressed. The biggest reason I got this laptop is because I have a friend that's a manager at an Apple store and he gave me his 10% employee discount.

n0aH said:
This just released today i think. The new Mac book and it looks nice! Not near as expensive as the mac book pro and it has an intel coe duo, with front row and a remote, and iSight.

Looks even nicer on the inside! Many IT folk agree on the price and selling points. :thup:

I'm at the website as I type this, and the cheapest still has the 1.83GHz and the 60GB for $1099

kiljaden5 said:
oh.. you're talking about the macbook, i was talking about the macbook pro...

yea i admit to a bit of threadjacking

lol o well :) You got windoze installed on that machine yet?

Back