• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

socket advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueswitch

ok so I have a nforce 3 250 s754 setup now. Im strongly debating upgrading my rig for gaming...problem is no PCIe. So I have two choices..get a new s754 n force 4 mobo with PCIe or jump up to 939. My cpu seems to be working just fine..and I don't think it's ever been a bottle neck for gaming. The difference is going to be in the CPU cost since both mobos are the same...but Id probably only want to spend enough on the CPU to get something pretty comperable to what I have now..except it would be a 90nm core....I don't wanna drop the cash for an fx60 or an X2 or anything....you guys think it's worth going to 939 or just get the s754 board? Im just alittle hesitant about going with s754 again...but if my plan isn't to jump up in processors maybe it doesn't matter.

Back