• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Great Chimp Challange Has Come To A Close...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the garynator

Chief folding_monkey
And I'd like to thank everyone who participated in it.

Great job mpc monkeys! :thup: It's been an exciting race...You guys really impressed all of us, but next time we'll be more prepared, so enjoy your Jaded Monkey for now :sn:

Thanks for running the race graph Seadave! It was really nice to have. :beer:

And to all you foldin'_monkeys (be it hidden monkeys or members), your dedication and team spirit were more than ideal! You all deserve a pat on the back! :clap: :thup:

We may not have won this time, but next time we'll have our revenge so be ready. :beer:

I was going to give out individual special thanks to certain people, however, after thinking about who I was going to thank I realized that the list would be as long as everyone who participated :bang head

Anyway, here are some things that are coming soon:
  • Trophies for "special" folding_monkeys :D
  • Hidden Monkey Roster
  • Official folding_monkey website - updated with the current race and hopefully finished lol
  • Updated Official folding_monkey thread

Lastly I'd like to ask anyone who has posted pictures of either the Jaded Monkey or the Monkey Paw to please Edit your posts and replace the tags with "Picture removed to comply with race rules."[/b][/color]

Thanks and as always

[color="yellow"][b]FOLD ON![/b][/color] :attn:

Well it was a good race. I've attached some graphs at various resolutions showing the complete race. If the two captains want another graph let me know by tomorrow, because I'll be working on the site over the weekend.

Attachments

• GCC_1024x768.png
    GCC_1024x768.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 146
  • GCC_1280x1024.png
    GCC_1280x1024.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 114
  • GCC_1600x1200.png
    GCC_1600x1200.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 125
  • GCC_800x600.png
    GCC_800x600.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 122
I have to say that i am kinda disapointed because it appears that some members gave up the effort toward the end. Our graph slumped. I will be ready when another monkey war comes.

We really didn't get all the BIG BOYS onboard.

Which is fine really. We were "outgunned".
Remember, we only have around 700 Active Members.

It was a very good race for the cause.

My Congrats to All. :)

Fold On!
:attn:

:clap: Congratz to all - the MPC monkeys beat us to the 500K mark but that is just a single milestone on the way to THE GOAL. :clap:

:attn: FOLD ON :thup:

:beer: and wOOt :beer: all round :)

Folding was the big winner here, first and foremost. Having said that, excellent race everyone. folding_monkeys, I am afraid I may not be able to call you fakers anymore (except when in mid poo-toss) You all put up one hell of a fight these past weeks.

Work has kept me from thanking you all sooner; better late than never I am told.

Thank You for an excellent race, look for us on your overtake list in the future. I hope we can so this again sometime.

the garynator said:
And I'd like to thank everyone who participated in it.

Great job mpc monkeys! :thup: It's been an exciting race...You guys really impressed all of us, but next time we'll be more prepared, so enjoy your Jaded Monkey for now :sn:

Gary, I'd also like to applaud everyone for coming out in full force. The race was an exciting event, especially that last day.

So far, from what I've read, your team has shown a lot of class, so in my book you guys are winners also.

One thing before I close, um, aren't you supposed to have your prize displayed in this thread :eek:

I was stunned by the response from both teams - the rise in PPD was nothing short of meteoric. Even my CPU threw in around 400 points for the challenge. For Stanford to get a million points from two top teams in just under two weeks is somewhat of an achievement. Congrats to everyone who took part!

It's displayed in our main thread...which I had ment to have it done originally...it's located here. I don't know where you guys put yours as I've barely had time to read ocforums these past couple days, but I'm not going to say anything since you won...but for future races the looser must put it in a thread (we'll have it on our site instead of the main thread when I get it up and running) that is not going to die...such as our main thread...posting it here for example would be worthless in the long run because this thread will probably die within the next few weeks.

What are your feelings on this?

I saw that you added it to your main post after I said that. IDK, Posting in this post, posting in that post and if you ever get your own folding web space, having it there works too.

Keeping it in an older thread, it's possible it won't be viewed. Ours is actually on top of the forum, everyone is seeing it, be sure to check it out.

I posted a congrats in another thread but I'll do so here as well.... you all did great in folding and the true winner is Folding @ Home in general.... to have so many people come to the plate and participate shows just how much everyone cares. I'm proud to call you all our folding brothers. The Planet Of The Monkeys may not be too far off...... :attn:

Lodis4 said:
Folding was the big winner here, first and foremost. Having said that, excellent race everyone. folding_monkeys, I am afraid I may not be able to call you fakers anymore (except when in mid poo-toss) You all put up one hell of a fight these past weeks.

Work has kept me from thanking you all sooner; better late than never I am told.

Thank You for an excellent race, look for us on your overtake list in the future. I hope we can so this again sometime.

I must echo my partner in crime on this.

That was a lot of fun and I applaude you all for putting up with our poo flinging. I look forward to working 'with' you for future obejectives.

Fold on monkeys. You proved that you were not as fake as we thought you were. :)

Back