• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Home made Spiral waterblock.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hachet

Registered
This block was made w/ a Bridgeport milling machine out of a scrap piece of aluminum my father had.

Here it is....
spiral.JPG

W/ the o-ring installed
spiralworing.JPG

All done...
spiral2.jpg

Jam050.jpg

Thanks guys:)
The base is .200". As far as flow channel, it was milled to .500 wide and .7 inches deep.

That's a great looking waterblock. You should especially feel good you have the skills and equipment to make one yourself and didn't have to buy one like us. I'm curious how you figured the size (lenght) of cut you had to make to get a oring to work.

I didn't figure it out at all actually. I made the goove for a 1/16" o-ring and then just spliced a larger one. I know it sounds like it would leak, but it doesn't! You just make the cuts at a 45% angle and make sure you have the length. I just glued the ends together and that's it!. I put a little sealant in there too just to be sure.

JFYI, they make o-rings in so many sizes that I could have bought a 50 pack of the right size for about 6 bucks. I already had the 1/16, and I was trying to go as cheap as possible. :)

Last edited:
how do you put a picture onto the post like the guy did on this thread....i have pics on my computer that i wanna post, but i dont want people to have to d/l the file every time.

RangerJoe34 said:
how do you put a picture onto the post like the guy did on this thread....i have pics on my computer that i wanna post, but i dont want people to have to d/l the file every time.

Upload the pictures to a server that supports image linking (pretty sure that geocities does) and then use the img button to get them shown.

very nice hachet,looks cool. I made one last week from aluminum to practice at work because I never used the milling machine and its a very old one.Heres a crappy cam corder pic,i still have to drill the mounting holes and then im going to aluminum weld it togather

Last edited:
Have you installed that block yet? If so what are the temps looking like?

Btw, this one is going in my fathers pc. I'm building him a H20 system whichI'll post some pics and temps of soon. If this get's good results, I may do a copper one for myself.

not yet,i have to finish this week when i get time,i doubt it will get good temps but the channels are 1/2"wide and about 1/8 from the bottom so the heat should transfer good

Funny that you say that... I was asked that same question in another forum...;) I guess I'll be renting that movie (can it be found on tape?).

HEY THELEMAC. IS THERE ANYWAY THAT I CAN TAKE THE PICS STRAIGHT FROM MY HARD DRIVE TO THE REPLY

yo man, look to the bottom of your screen when you hit the "reply" button... when the text editing screen comes up, there should be a thing that says

Attach file:
Maximum size: 1048576 bytes

Valid file extensions: gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg rar

and hit the button with the "..." from there just select your file and it'll show up in the post.

Thanks guys:D I'll be sure to post temps and such when it's installed. I'm just waiting on the pump now...

Colin said:
Nice job Ralphing, err I mean Hachet! ;)

Regards,

Mr. Thompson

I tried to get the username Ralphing which I use in most other forums, but it was already taken here...:( Kinda sucks now because I just threw out the name hachet and now I hate it.

:rolleyes: oh well.:)

Back