• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI TVwonder Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fightingpiper

Anyone had experience with using the TV wonder VE and a Gforce2 mx400? I can't get the Tv to work-"failed to initialize video" I don't have any other apps. running, I have updated the TVwonder driver, and updated directx, any other suggestions?. Has anyone had compatability probs. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Go into Device Manager -> Sound/Video Controller and make sure you see your WDM drivers installed correctly.

it says- ATI Btcap, WDM audio Capture
................WDM Video Capture
WDM Audio crossbar
Wdm teletex decoder

I called ATI and they told me to call NVIDIA-I'm glad I was put on hold for so long to canada during business hours to be told to call the video card company when Its there product that I'm having problems with.

Should I keep the card and spend the time, with your help, to figure this thing out or should I get a different TV card outright and start over?

Cheers

Its a driver conflict. I've had that problem before. Tell me, did you install the drivers on the CD first, THEN upgrade them, or did you just install the newest version of the drivers first? W/ my Radeon, when I install drivers other than the ones on the CD first, my Video In doesn't work, and I haven't been able to find a workaround. I've had to format to get them working. I'm sure that there is an easier way, but I havn't found it.

Hey oni,
I installed the drivers on the CD first and when that didn't work I downloaded the new drivers. When I talked to the ATI guy He said I would have to get older drivers from NVIDIA because the new ones don't support overlapping. I didn't believe I had installed the new detonator drivers yet but did get out the install disk for the geforce and reinstalled the drivers from the CD. Myabe these drivers don't support overlapping either. Do any of you know where I may find some older Gforce2 drivers that support overlapping?

2nd option-return TVwonder-
How does the Radeon all in One wonder 32mbddr compare with my gforce2 mx400 64sdram? I don't want to spend the extra money but my Duron system could use a new card and I could put the radeon in my XP and move the Geforce2 to the Duron which would solve some compatabilty probs 'tween ATI and NVIDIA. I'm not a hard core gamer but I will be playing a lot of Wolfenstein when it comes out.

the radeon should crush the mx....hands down.....and it shouldnt have any problems playing Wolfenstein....

Fightingpiper said:
Hey oni,
I installed the drivers on the CD first and when that didn't work I downloaded the new drivers. When I talked to the ATI guy He said I would have to get older drivers from NVIDIA because the new ones don't support overlapping. I didn't believe I had installed the new detonator drivers yet but did get out the install disk for the geforce and reinstalled the drivers from the CD. Myabe these drivers don't support overlapping either. Do any of you know where I may find some older Gforce2 drivers that support overlapping?

2nd option-return TVwonder-
How does the Radeon all in One wonder 32mbddr compare with my gforce2 mx400 64sdram? I don't want to spend the extra money but my Duron system could use a new card and I could put the radeon in my XP and move the Geforce2 to the Duron which would solve some compatabilty probs 'tween ATI and NVIDIA. I'm not a hard core gamer but I will be playing a lot of Wolfenstein when it comes out.

The Radeon will be alot faster.

I play Wolfenstein at 1024x768 Hi Quality on my Radeon and get 50+fps on this old 650mhz.

Back