• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will see the network - won't share connection?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninthebin

Hey,

One of my wifi cards just died, so until a new one is delivered next week I have my computer still connected to the wireless router and the one the card died on now plugged into my computer, however it won't seem to share the internet coming in through my routers connection with the pc plugged into this one.

How do I go about setting this up? they are networked as I can browse each pc, just the ICS doesn't seem to work.

Thanks
Dan

been playing with all manner of gateways / dns servers - is there even a way for the lan connection on the crossover to know the wlan connection on this pc is the source of the internet to share?

You need 2 network cards to do ICS. One to share the internet connection between the 2 computers and the other one to receive internet connectivity.

there are two network cards, the wireless one is connect to the router on my pc (which is connected to the internet), the second pc is then plugged into the lan on my pc which plugs into the other computer, they are networked just the internet from the wireless connection wont share with the lan connection.

Back