• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need Help Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nakom

Ok here it is. I bought a FIC AD11 rev 1.2a MB and a AMD XP1800
CPU, 1024 mb of pc2100, Leadtek G3 video card and a Audigy sound card. The problem is i cannot get them to work. I cannot bring the machine up from a cold/warm start by hitting the power button at all. The CPU fan comes on but the north bridge fan does not unless i hit reset. If i hit reset it will power up fine. That is the first set of problems. I am a Gamer and play Everquest and Dark Age of Camelot so i wanted the extra ram and a good video card which i thought was a good thing but now i find out that win 98SE does not like it if you have over 512mb ram. I called FIC they said send the card back so i just ordered the Epoc 8kha+. Rant off. Questions are

1. What Operating system should i use to make use of 1gig of ram and that i can still play EQ and DAoC?

2. Does anyone use the leadtek G3 Winfast Video card, that can tell me what i should expect because what i am seeing now does not look any better than my Voodoo 5500.

3. What problems if any are any of you haveing using the 8kha+ mb with these video and sound CPU and RAM that i have listed.

Thanks for your time.

Nick

Back