• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing Pins from Back of Motherboard. Consequences???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time4aMassiveOC

heya all i was just wonderin what would happen if i removed all the pins from the back of the motherboard.

i know the first question that would come to mind is "why would you" right?

lol i just wanna know if it would all work still if i did and what purpose all the pins serve

??? The "Standoffs"? They keep the back side of the MoBo from shorting out against the case.

Otherwise - I have no clue what you are talking about...

:cool:

you probably don't want to rip them off because they're connected to stuff on the other side, maybe you could clip them so they don't stick out so far....but why?

Last edited:
hmmm yeah, i dont know what all the pins are, but lol, i find it slightly amusing that so far everyone's been like "pins on he back of the mb? where?" lol i know you guys know what im talking about. you're just thinking "i must be missing something he cant be talking about just the pins on the back of the motherboard why would he want to remove those?"

lol

Back