• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What M/B for a D930 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sokos

Registered
Hi guys and great forum, respect, this is my first post here and I d like your sincere opinion on a big dilemma i have:

I m starting with a friend a small LANparty cafe, with ~40 PC's for gaming.
I m thinking the D930 sounds a very good deal now that it's price has gone down, but I m very sceptical on what M/B to combine it with!

945 M/B's are quite economical but do they run games as good as a i955X?

Which one would you propose and any models specifically?

(keep in mind the rigs have only 1 7900GT, 1HDD and that's it)

955x is one of the best 775 boards ever built. 955 would be your best bet if you could afford it. 945 probably does not run games as good as 955, but only by a small margin. I'd reccommend buying the Asus P5WD2, and overclocking each 930(4-600mhz not a problem on stock cooling), then you'd have some kick arse rigs.

unfortunately in the beginning O/Cing is something that I cant do, not at least everything works smooth in the business and then I can have time to tweak the PC's. So we are talking for expensive board the 955's right?

If I choose to go for a 945, what drawbacks would it have and which model would you propose?

Thanks a million guys!

Back