• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I damage my screen to badly?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

I was assembling my 2005FPW, and accidentally scraped it against the base :bang head: , leaving a scratch mark in the lower left hand corner of the screen.The scratch is probably about 1.5" long, and barely noticable...except for one spot....onme spot has two small scratches that just show white light through them.I'm guessing there is a special film that coats the panel to convert the LCD light into colors.I will have a pic of the scratch to post tonight, but does anyone have any solution to this? Also, would scratching this against its own base duringthe installation be grounds for an RMA? Does anyone think that Dell would accept this as an RMA due to the base being a danger to the screen itself?

I'll post pics tonight of the scratch, but any input would be appreciated.

Have you turned it on yet? If it broke the connections inside the screen, it might have done damage. See if it shows any porblems in that corner. As for RMA, no that would not be covered. You damaged it.

I assume that you're assembling it new. Call Dell, tell them you got it that way, get a new one.

i think he was trying to fix the backlight
you killed your warrenty as soon as you took it apart
turn it on and see what happens..

Back