• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about a monitor before buying

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buckbadly

I'm looking at purchasing this HDTV/monitor
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/prod...BV_EngineID=ccedaddhlflmifjcfngcfkmdffhdfif.0

I looked at the customer reviews on it to see if anyone was running it as a pc monitor but there was only like 1 and they didn't get much into it. I'm new to this whole lcd thing so my question is. How would it be as far as running it as a pc monitor? I'm not purchasing it at CC, I'm getting it cheaper but I linked it there because they have em. I do a considerable amount of gaming if that figures into the mix. Thanks for any info.

Well, the 1366 x 768 resolution is very strange, and for a 23" LCD a few inches from your face, you are going to be DYING for more room that it won't be able to offer. As a TV, it would do just great, but not as a computer monitor. My 20.1" Dell has 1680x1050, and yours is about the same as my 15" LCDs I just got rid of (1024x768). I'd say it's good as a TV (if it's big enough), but not as a monitor. It just doesn't offer enough foom for you.

edit: And it looks like in able to use the full resolution, you'll need a HDTV box. I'd say it's not so hot for you. Go with a monitor meant for computers.

yeah crappy res... your better off getting a real LCD like a 2007 dell. Hell if your going to spend 1k get a 24" 2405 it gives you 1920x1200 res.

Back