• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis - Unbelievable!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DareDevil_747

Disabled
I missed E3 this year.. but last night, went to a friend's house who has the TV channel G4, and they were showing some stuff, kinda going over E3 this year and doign a show about the whole Xbox 360 HD-DVD vs. PS3 Blue-whatever... anyways, they didnt have a lot that impressed me PC wise, till I seen the little bit of game content I seen on Crysis... and it aroused me in a very special way :drool: lol.
What I am wondering is what kind of PC were they running that on!! My God the level of AA they must have been using.. my God the lighting, my God the shadows, the detail, everything about that game was unbelievable! Especially the jungle scenes... they made Far Cry look like absolute dog crap! Every single tiny little detail... immaculate...
I just got home and havent started loooking online for info on this game... wonder... who will be able to use this game when it first comes out? Only those with 2 x the DX10 equivalent of x1900xtx's or 7900GTX's??? I mean, I know, with DX10 and the next MS O.S. we're going to get into a whole new generation of gaming... but is this going to be what we can expect from all of the next generation of FPS games, or what?
Just wannna know if u guys are as hyped about this as I am ;)

yea, i heard they were gonna make a dx9 version n dx10. game is insane.

heres the video of actual gameplay, watch the lagg when he walks off ship thing lol

I met some guy this weekend in the bar who claims that Crysis will be the first online cross-platform game... that it will be possible for people to play on the same online server from a pc or an xbox 360. Yea, I dunno about this, gonna have to do some digging.... he said it was in some E3 footy that he d/l'ed.
But anyways, yea, Crysis is my new target vid card upgrade... when it comes out, then I buy a new vid card, no questions asked.

I hadn't seen the live footage yet. That was kickass. Being able to shoot down those trees looked pretty fun, and that player interface was awesome looking :thup:

chevro1et said:
But anyways, yea, Crysis is my new target vid card upgrade... when it comes out, then I buy a new vid card, no questions asked.

it would make sense especially with the new rumoured cores from nvidia and ati on dx10.

by this time next year, it'll be a good time to upgrade from whatever too a full dx10/vista/conroe setup.

prices will be good and alot of bugging out would have been done allready on the hardware and software

(hopefully)

i' haddent seen that ingame vid before... amazing :) i wonder what kind hardware that was running on? quad 6800 ultras ? :p

chevro1et said:
I met some guy this weekend in the bar who claims that Crysis will be the first online cross-platform game... that it will be possible for people to play on the same online server from a pc or an xbox 360. Yea, I dunno about this, gonna have to do some digging.... he said it was in some E3 footy that he d/l'ed.

I thought Call of Duty 2 was cross-platform?

yeah its a sweet looking game, it will require the nextgen of nvidias cards i'm guessing ;)

chevro1et said:

Haha, that guy has no idea what he's talking about then. FFXI Online is Cross-platform. Square said it would be from the beginning. and when it came out on PS2, they didn't lie.

Sorry, this isn't going to be the first cross-platform online game.

i'm going to have to look at this game as well. time to check out some pics, and gameplay footage.

I've seen quite a bit of stuff on this game for alittle bit...ever saw that HUD before though...that is cool...I like how you can pull up the futuristic HUD but it's not always there.

zexmarquies01 said:
Haha, that guy has no idea what he's talking about then. FFXI Online is Cross-platform. Square said it would be from the beginning. and when it came out on PS2, they didn't lie.

Sorry, this isn't going to be the first cross-platform online game.

i'm going to have to look at this game as well. time to check out some pics, and gameplay footage.
Yea, I figured that dude was talking at least half-way out of his a**, but whatever, I don't really care about the croos-platform stuff too much (although a good friend refuses to take up pc gaming and loves his xbox 360). This game easily has the potential to be that 'killer app' that everyone is talking about in regards to the physics revolution in gaming. Screw Cellfactor, Crysis is the future man, and it looks SO FRICKIN WICKED!!!!!

Being able to shoot down those trees looked pretty fun

Yeah, Thats what really stood out for me as well. I can picture taking over an enemy 50mm or a minigun and taking down the whole Jungle. whoop! Kiss the enemy cover goodbye.:p

Wow, glad to see some other people getting as "aroused" as I am over this game lol ;)
Never seen that video before, simply amazing :drool:
Anyone know what kind of hardware they are using to develop this game, or where that footage came from?

DareDevil_747 said:
Wow, glad to see some other people getting as "aroused" as I am over this game lol ;)
Never seen that video before, simply amazing :drool:
Anyone know what kind of hardware they are using to develop this game, or where that footage came from?
Not sure about the hardware being used (although i did read somewhere that there will be a version of Crysis for dx9, not just vista/dx10) but the footy is from E3.

nice, infact uber nice with that tree...although you just got shown the best looking game around and have a question to ask...

"will we see the enemy sleeping?"

... what the hell ....

Back