• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AK31 V3.1 and its FBS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zazuk

I have an Ak31 V3.1 main board which I have done the voltage mod to. Thanks Doc! I also have a XP1700, which I have unlocked. Thanks Overclockers.com! I have Kingmax PC 2400 DDR. Here is the problem; I can get the DDR up to 160mhz FBS however I need to use an 8x multiplier which works out to 1280mhz CPU. If I drop the FBS down to 150 and move the multiplier up to 9 or higher my PC is not POST. If I set the FBS to 145mhz I can get my PC to POST at 12x multiplier which works out to be 1740 which is unstable and will crash loading win98se. I am running at 140 FBS at 12x=1680mhz. Does anyone have any ideas on why I have to lower my FBS to get higher MHz out of my CPU?

Overclocking your FSB will overclock your system buses. This in turn means all your cards and hard drives will also be overclocked. Your systems bus speed will be limited by the component that fails at the lowest MHz. You could try lowering the AGP to 2x in the BIOS and see if that allows a faster OC.

You could test this out by taking out all components except necessities and then try to raise the fsb some more. It's worth a try. :)

What does your setup consist of. It helps in diagnosing probs.:cool:

Back