• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ipod/car audio help needed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
right, so i used to use my nano with a car charger and a direct line hooked up to my head unit. the other day i got a xtrememac microflex car adapter thingy. i got it all hooked up, and there's this high pitch background noise. whenever i rev the motor it gets louder! is this car adapter crap since my regular car charger doesnt do that?
i know one things forsure, i deffinetly cant live with the noise lol

is that the fm trasmitter type of adapter? the high pitch noise is probably a ground loop which happens when you're deck is grounded to something different from what your source, amp, ect (microflex adapter in the cigarette lighter) is. Most likly your deck is grounded to the battery and your cigarette lighter is grounded to the car chassis. u can fix that, but it'll be hard if you've never worked on under your car's dash or expensive to have someone do it. it would probably be better to get another adapter and try out different ones that are better quality and have better shielding.

hmmm, I had the same problem with my berklin Ipod adapter. I later found out the reason was because It wasent plugged in solid into my lighter port. Check all your connections. You might get lucky and that is all it is :)

Back