• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercolling a X1900XT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metloaf

I am going to get an X1900 later this week, and I was planning to watercool it with the setup I already have. I have a Polarflo TT block already waiting and I was wondering if I still need to get any ram sinks and if they wil fit at all. :cool:

I should have explained it better. What I am wondering is that, do I have to put ram sinks on all the ram modules or can I get away with not placing them on maybe 1 or 2 if the inlet/outlet lines ot my polarflo TT block, blocks the access area for ramsinks on the modules just above the processor on the card? Does it really matter for those ram modules or should I get another GPU block?

You could always just mod the sinks to fit under the inlet/outlet on the GPU block. I have a low pro Maze4 on my x1900xt and that is what I did.
Picture.jpg

The coolance setup isn't bad except for the tubing size. That would mean that I would have to cut down to 1/4" from my current 1/2" setup, all that would do is create a lot more restriction and probably make my cooling setup counter-poductive. I will probably just stick with my PolarFlo TT 1/2" block since I already have it hooked up and is running water tight. I was just concerned about the ram modules not being covered with all the haet these newer cards produce.

The problem with a block that covers all of the parts is that it my not fit your next card and they are usually expensive.

You do not need RAM Sinks, in most cases tests have proven that RAM sinks can actually do more damage then good unless they are actively cooled and not mounted with a double sided tape.

I am also Watercooling my X1900XTX without RAM sinks and I have it oced with over drive on the mem right to 800, no issues.

Cooter

Back