• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G MaxII Vcore question. set at 1.4125 runs at 1.34-36

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Did you take that 12v reading with a multimeter, or is that in the BIOS? If you have a weak PSU it may not be able to give the needed voltage, or maybe it's output is set incorrectly (if it had ajustable pots).

both readings are from the EQ [email protected] and 1.34-36

bios is set to 1.4125

i suppose its a possibility that the psu isnt good enough but i dont think so, its been awhile since i built it so i forget exactly which brand is in it but i belive its a decent 600W so i dont think its a power issue. never know tho.

however a p4p800-e deluxe motherboard burnt up (i dont know what it was exactly, but it melted one of the square black things, i assume it was probly a mosfet( voltage regulator )

i then pulled out everything and replaced the motherboard. it works fine, in EQ it idles around 45 but thats not too bad considering the processor has been running hot ever since the meltdown and probly before it since i belive in the asus board it read 32-34 i belive and in this one it runs 45. and the temps didnt really go up hardly at all when i raised the voltage once i noticed how low it was in EQ vs the bios.

as most of us know the avg temperature reading difference vs reality in abit and asus.

ASUS (5C colder than reality) + abit (7C warmer than reality) = 12C (from asus to abit)

33C (my old Asus Temp) + 12C = 45C (My present Abit temp)

so its basicly running the same temp it was before when it was at 1.34-36 in the asus.

Back