• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

silent vga cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobthemoo

okay, i just got my new 7800gt (an evga :D) which came fitted with a zalman silence vga cooler. i just plugged it in to see if it worked (it does btw) and i noticed how quiet it was. So i decided to plug the old inno-3d with a stock cooler on, and it so loud.

i was wondering if anyone knew of any silent (or close to it) 7800GT coolers that only take up one pci slot?

thanks

Quiet and small?

For those coolers to be quiet, you need a Large slow Fan.
The only Silent Cooler that actually cooled aswell that I've have used was the Zalman VF700 series.

I dont think there are any after market coolers that dont take up another pci slot, the queitest cooling u are gona get is the zalman vf900 or vf700

hmmm well thats just annoying. my tv card is right in the way....

ill check out that evercool one, but it still looks pretty big

not really, i only have a midi case so it wont really fit, plus i have no idea how to install, AND, its quite expensive

i looked at that one before, but unfortunatly it takes up 2 spaces, and next to my GT is a tv card.

you may be stuck with stock- I couldn't find any low profile coolers, with this Zahlman being the shortest-

http://www.svc.com/vf700-cu-led.html

It's too bad you can't move your TV card down a slot and use the Silencer- I use one on my Ti4600 and really like that it exhausts it's heat out through tha adjacent pci slot.

Back