• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disk Boot Failure...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Piazza0028

Hey guys so I finally got my rig up and working and installed windows. After doing the usual routine of downloading all the updates/drivers etc, I put the ePox mobo CD in my drive, planning on installing nForce drivers. After reading the thread about not installing IDE SW drivers, I decided against updating the nForce drivers, at least from the cd, and I went about my business. Ultimately, I wound up restarting my computer at some point with the epox cd in the drive, and it booted from the cd and took me to install RAID prompt. I tried to click continue without installing and it led me to an A:\ prompt. I restarted my computer, as I couldn't remember how to get out of the A:\ prompt (mind you, I don't have a floppy drive if you remember my floppy driver travails...), and after POSTing and checking for CDs to boot from, I got the following error:

Disk Boot Failure - Insert System Disk and Press Enter to continue

(This was after I removed the mobo cd from the drive).
Confused, I restarted and the problem persisted. I went into the BIOS changed the boot order so that it would only boot from the hard drive, and not the cd drives, and the problem persisted. I finally put a windows xp cd in my drive and restarted

The CD drive detected the windows cd and I got the typical :
Press any key to boot from cd

To which I did nothing. At this point, the computer displayed the windows screen and proceeded to boot into windows. Anyone have any ideas what's going on here and how I can get it to stop? I'd like to be able to boot up without having to wait for my pc to detect a windows cd...

Thanks in advance.

Back