• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this score ok for 3dmark05? Seems low. x1900xt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beavismorpheus

I got a little over 9100

2.25ghz opteron 144
x1900xt 660/1550
Gskil DDR 500 1x1gb

Im hoping one day I will break 10k points. Is there hope? :eek:

I think you should be able to hit 10K without any problems, if you can get that CPU running faster and use dual channel RAM. I mainly think its your CPU that is holding you back. :p

Post some more detailed scores, like an uploaded 3dmark detailed list. Then we can see how much your CPU/RAM really are holding you back.

metloaf said:
I think you should be able to hit 10K without any problems, if you can get that CPU running faster and use dual channel RAM. I mainly think its your CPU that is holding you back. :p

Your CPU is def holding you back. I scored 11,363 on bone stock settings with a 2.4ghz Sandiego 4000+ and a stock x1900xt

Your scores are low. Tweak your CCC with mippaping all the way to the left and also make sure you AI is set to high. Let me know what that does for you.;)

Houserat, can I change those type of settings with any program other than CCC? I was told to avoid CCC like the plague. I saw quite a few programs listed in the major x1900 thread, hopefully one of those can do it.

I havent gone balls to the wall with my cpu OC yet. Been really busy lately. But as houserat was saying, i was thinking they were low for the given specifications. Thank you houserat for the suggestion. :)

My HDD is pretty poopy too. 7200 RPM IDE :eek: I plan on getting a 74gb raptor soon. Kind of silly to have all this nice hardware and that drive. I should be getting another gig of ram in the coming couple of months.

Ill post detailed specs after tweaking when I get home from work. I gotta jet. I look forward to your replies when I return home. :)

Your HDD won't effect your score at all, but you'll see faster load times. Do you have the ATI downclocker disabled? Maybe your card is actually running slow during your runs.

squads said:
Your HDD won't effect your score at all, but you'll see faster load times. Do you have the ATI downclocker disabled? Maybe your card is actually running slow during your runs.

How do I disable that? I disabled ATI hot key poller and ATI smart if thats what you mean.

also, i snuck out of work for a minute lololzzzzz

yeah thats what I was talking about. Something is up with that score...did you disable background programs?

OMG! I DID IT! Installing CCC gave me a thousand more points. :)

I ended up scoring 10,264!

I havent pushed my CPU to its limits yet. I hope I can get it around 2.6ghz and break 1100. :D

my cpu scored 5052.

thanks guys <3

beavismorpheus said:
OMG! I DID IT! Installing CCC gave me a thousand more points. :)

I ended up scoring 10,264!

I havent pushed my CPU to its limits yet. I hope I can get it around 2.6ghz and break 1100. :D

my cpu scored 5052.

thanks guys <3

wow man. You defenetly have to rape that opteron.

My venice @ 2.8 does not run 3dmark05 but at 2.75 i got 10585 with a x1800xt with stock cooling.

19ak1.jpg

the war is on!!!!!!!!!!

venice 3200 @ 2.7
x1800xt 512 719/913 (stock cooling)
74Gb raptor
DFI lan party ultra d
case: shoe box
ocz 520w psu

512 mb corsaix xms llpp (atm. cant populate 4 slots)

Must be the 512 seeing as my 256 is strugling to get that. I need to update my 3DMarks score in my sig but I'm pretty sure with enough tweaking (and some decent RAM so I can get the most out of my CPU) even my 256 will get 10k.

Cobalt said:
Must be the 512 seeing as my 256 is strugling to get that. I need to update my 3DMarks score in my sig but I'm pretty sure with enough tweaking (and some decent RAM so I can get the most out of my CPU) even my 256 will get 10k.

I have a X1800XL that managed with older drivers (think 6.2's maybe the 6.3's) to hit 9838 Points with a 625/730 clock on it. Now with that X1800XT I'd expect you to get lightly more expecially with the higher clocks. I was running 2.68Ghz but in more recent tests 2.6Ghz on my CPU is just as fast if not faster then when I was really pushing it.

Of course my dual core is helping out some but I'd hope you'd beable to hit 10k as my card with updated drivers should hit 10k with little efford.

Back