• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This does not look good :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hamm3r

Well I havent checked our team stats for a while, but I remember we did alot better before than now.

situation.jpg

Looks like we are falling on the stats team. And we will fall for another couple of places soon if we don't do something.
So if anyone here has some idle cycles please put it to use.

I bought 56k modem and installed Boinc on 2 old Coppermine celerons (600 and 667Mhz) today. They should put out around 100 CS per day.
Not much but its better than nothing.

What's even worst is that out of our Boinc combined rac of 117k, 105k are from Seti. We are a unidirectional team crunching only for Seti...

I think I remember we were 7th at some point.

Yeah if folding switched over to boinc our combined stats would be crazy.

I wish we had folding on BOINC, I would prolly split 50/50 with seti. And folding would give me a good reason to buy more hardware. Hitokiri is right, folding would push our numbers through the roof.

I just fixed my laptop, so that will be putting out a few WUs again. In a few days I'll also hopefully have all of my out-of-home installs crunching again, since they're still all using the old optimized client (and Berkeley has stopped giving out work for them).

It's not much, but every little bit helps :)
JigPu

If they would get BOINC/Folding debugged and deployed, and the BOINC/Folding points would count on my present points in folding besides being added to the combined BOINC stats, I would switch the greatest majority of my farm over and fold through the BOINC client. That way I could help out both teams with OCF. But my main focus will always be folding. Not knocking you Seti guys of course, that's just where I think my extra cycles need to go.

I'm back in the saddle again! I just started BOINCing yesterday and have brought 6 computers online with processors between Celeron 1.2's and P4 2.8's!

Should hopefully help pull that ranking back up!

Are any of these new boinc projects I keep making us teams for helping at all? I've started maybe 5 or more new teams lately.

*Edit: Looks like my tanpaku rig just crapped out on me but I'll have it back up in the morning.

Last edited:
Every credit helps, the only problem is that we are too small team and we cannot keep up.
Yesterday we were passed by XtremeSystems and we will drop by another spot in 8 days :(
Funny thing is that we average 77k credits per day, while XS that passed us averages 536K credits per day.

I have an AMD dually system that I just had my daughter shut down yesterday because F@H can't seem to keep the old legacy timeless wu servers stocked up any more. While it will be replaced in a couple of weeks or so, when I get in from work next week I'll see about setting up BOINC on it and crunch a few numbers for you Seti guys with it. I couldn't see it just sitting there doing nothing for F@H because Stanford can't keep enough timeless work and IMO it's too slow to efficiently process the more demanding Gromacs and DGro wu's.

It will give me some experience with setting up BOINC at least and if Stanford can ever get their BOINC client out I will have at least some experience with setting up clients under BOINC.

I know it's not much, but I figure that it is one way I, as a dedicated F@H participant can also show some loyalty to the other OCF teams and help you all out a bit too. Plus, I figure that with Seti now being exclusively on BOINC, you guys have probably lost quite a bit of crunching power due to the diversity of projects running BOINC clients.

You will see me here next week picking your brains to set up that dually with BOINC, so be prepared for some dumb noob questions.:eek: :beer:

muddocktor said:
I have an AMD dually system that I just had my daughter shut down yesterday because F@H can't seem to keep the old legacy timeless wu servers stocked up any more. While it will be replaced in a couple of weeks or so, when I get in from work next week I'll see about setting up BOINC on it and crunch a few numbers for you Seti guys with it. I couldn't see it just sitting there doing nothing for F@H because Stanford can't keep enough timeless work and IMO it's too slow to efficiently process the more demanding Gromacs and DGro wu's.

It will give me some experience with setting up BOINC at least and if Stanford can ever get their BOINC client out I will have at least some experience with setting up clients under BOINC.

I know it's not much, but I figure that it is one way I, as a dedicated F@H participant can also show some loyalty to the other OCF teams and help you all out a bit too. Plus, I figure that with Seti now being exclusively on BOINC, you guys have probably lost quite a bit of crunching power due to the diversity of projects running BOINC clients.

You will see me here next week picking your brains to set up that dually with BOINC, so be prepared for some dumb noob questions.:eek: :beer:

Sounds fun. Welcome to the team!

Well muddocktor, this is a debate that's been going on for quite some time. Some are exclusively Seti crunchers (the majority of the team) and considering our team's past with the old Seti, think this is the most important project. Others like me, believe that since Boinc has a multitude of projects, the most important stat is the team's overall total with all the projects combined together. So for me, it doesn't really matter who crunches for what project, as long as they crunch for the team!

As for you setting up boinc, well you'll see that it's pretty easy, there's not even special optimized clients to complicate things anymore. You just install it, join a project that interest you, join the team and you're pretty much done...

Back