• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone folding with a Yonah?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schlotkins

Registered
I'm going to get enough CPU power to get 1,000,000 points by the end of 2007. I'm trying to estimate what kind of hardware I'm going to need to do this with and I'm curious what the Yonah core gets for ppd. Obviously, I'd imagine this will translate closely to Conroe.

Thanks,
Chris

Expect to make about 65ppd/GHz/core on Gromacs, GBGromacs, Ambers, and Tinkers. 125ppd/GHz/Core on 99x DGromacs.

Last edited:
Thanks for the numbers. Are those for Yonah or your estimates for Conroe?

I assume the 65ppd cores are the most frequent.

Cheers,
Chris

Schlotkins said:
I'm going to get enough CPU power to get 1,000,000 points by the end of 2007.

Are you buying or borging? The rigs in my sig have brought me almost half a million points in roughly six months.

I don't expect there to be any difference in the performance of Yonah and Conroe as far as folding goes, with the currently available WUs.

The 65ppd/GHz/core Cores are the most common available ATM.

Last edited:
Current Yonah folders in my stable;

iMac Core Duo T2500 2.0GHz = 709.3ppd

Mac mini Core Duo T2300 1.66GHz = 515.1ppd

Asus N4L-VM DH Core Duo T2400 1.83GHz = 570.5ppd

Most attractive, in my opinion, is the low power consumption. Which translates to less heat and noise. :thup:

EDIT - Power consumption numbers

20" iMac Core Duo
Off 02 watts
Boot 103 watts
Win XP only 75 watts
Win XP with 2 CLI clients 95 watts
Win XP with 2 CLI clients (monitor sleeping) 55 watts

Mac mini Core Duo
Kill A Watt measurements
Off 01 watts
Boot 29 watts
Win XP only 20 watts
Win XP with 2 CLI clients 37 watts

Last edited:
Macaholic said:
Most attractive, in my opinion, is the low power consumption. Which translates to less heat and noise. :thup:
:thup: :thup:

Sony SZ laptop T2400 with crappy 533mhz ram
running 2 Gromac average about = 220~240ppd

Last edited:
Back