• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory management software WIN98

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WesMarden

Registered
Does anybody have any good reccomendations for memory management software for windows 98?

Right now I am using RamPage I got off of some Maximum PC cd. Just picked it for one reason or another, maybe it was first on that disk. Anyway I was wondering if it is any good.

The longer since reboots, the worse my memory status gets. I mean I am not running all that much. Win MX(no transfers going right now), netscape(to view this site), and folding@home. I even just now shut down zone alarm(freed up ~20MB, starting it back up used 17MB). Right now of my 256 megabytes of memory, I only have 139 free according to rampage. I mean does this stuff really use that much memory? My old compaq, the one I just replaced with this one, only had 24 and I was able to do most of this stuff in win 95(except the folding, didn't discovery that until I built the new system). Granted it would use virtual memory alot, I just can't see where all the memory is going.

I put this in OS discussions because it seems to relate to windows notoriously good;) memory management. I am just trying to learn.

Back