• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Get files back

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dragonhunter

With a fresh installed window and some softwares installed. I accidently deleted some files and accidently deleted them out of empty Recycle Bin also . Is there any way to recover the files back. :bang head .

thank you
dragonhunter

dragonhunter said:
With a fresh installed window and some softwares installed. I accidently deleted some files and accidently deleted them out of empty Recycle Bin also . Is there any way to recover the files back. :bang head .

thank you
dragonhunter

First, try this: http://officerecovery.com/freeundelete/

Also know:
If the files were from the software you just installed, simply reinstall the software. If from windows and the deletion caused huge issues, just format>reinstall. If the files were content you created and can't recover from reinstalling something, I think you are out of luck. Undeleting is best done immediately and without unnecessary HDD access. Hope this helps some.

It will only be possible if you don't do _anything_ on that harddisk anymore. if it's the drive windows is installed on, do not boot from it again or you might accidentally overwrite the old data. Boot from a LiveCD or 2nd harddisk and recover the files

klingens said:
It will only be possible if you don't do _anything_ on that harddisk anymore. if it's the drive windows is installed on, do not boot from it again or you might accidentally overwrite the old data. Boot from a LiveCD or 2nd harddisk and recover the files

I'll second this. If the data is really important, do as klingens suggested.

Back