• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone use DC++?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do; or did awhile ago. I'm going to start using it again soon after I get my new rig up. DC is great! StrongDC is my favorite client. DC is great for music, comics, audio books and other small files, but I believe bittorrent is best for large files like movies and games.

Good morning you two. I haven't used DC++ nor do I intend to in the future, and so this post is just a reminder of Forum policy.

http://www.ocforums.com/announcement.php?f=66&a=5 said:
Warez, Crackz, and Copyrighted material

This is to clarify the position of this site regarding Warez information and warez sites, Crackz and information about crackz, and the posting and downloading of copyrighted material.

Overclockers prohibits the promotion of, and reference to, any program or website which contains or distributes Warez, Crackz, and pirated copyrighted material, including but not limited to music and video.

Discussion of Warez, crackz, and pirated copyrighted material is not permitted in this forum. Any offer to provide or request to receive warez, crackz, and bootleg material will be deleted without notice and the offender will be warned. A repeat offense is grounds for permanent dismissal, without recourse, from these forums.

This is a serious issue for this Forum. Allowing discussion of and, by extension condoning the distribution of, said information jeopardizes the very existence of this Forum. As such, it will not be tolerated. For the long-term future of this site, please abide by this rule.

Thanks,

Overclockers.com Forum Management Team

Since DC++ is a program which does aide in the distribution of Warez and/or pirated material,
DC++ FAQ said:
DC++ is an free open-source, ad and spyware-free client, written in C++ for the Direct Connect protocol originally developed by John Hess, that allows you to share files over the internet with other users.
and since it is stated in the rules that discussion of said topics are not allowed, I have to say that this thread is bordering on breaking the rules. Therefore, I have contacted a moderator to address this, and until they respond with an answer, I would just suggest that discussion on this stop (just to save you an incident with a Mod). I will Edit back with the clarification as soon as I hear back.

Raven

This thread is on the edge with comments made already so I'm going to go ahead and lock it for the reasons mentioned above.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back