• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pIII 1.13 ... 100mhz fsb??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fuser

Registered
does anyone have a p3 1.13? supposedly ythere is two models a 100fsb and a 133... is it better to get the 1.13 and just pop it up to 133 and get a 1500mhz.. and how how if any1 has experience ? or just pump up the 133 fsb to 150? let me know i am loooking to purchase one today :)

it is my firs post yes but i have plenty of experience in the overclocking.. i am aware that with higher fsb's overall performance is upped too... but at the cost of soemtimes pci and agp port problems... my current setup is a-bit bx133 raid, pIII 750 @ 1000, global win fop38, (4) 20gig 7200rpm 100ata seagates, geforce 3 ti 200, diamond mx 300, some ghetto linksys card, 24x10xwhatever writer, dvd, floppyage :p, and ati tv wonder.... lol that is my setup.. i am looking to change the cpu to a 1.13 but i'm not sure what one :p the 133 or the 100???

Last edited:
fuser said:
does anyone have a p3 1.13? supposedly ythere is two models a 100fsb and a 133... is it better to get the 1.13 and just pop it up to 133 and get a 1500mhz.. and how how if any1 has expierence? or just pump up the 133 fsb to 150? let me know i am loooking to purchase one today :)

That's a P3 1.13 Tualatin. That is being run on its 8.5X multiplier@ 133mhz fsb. And I do not have experience, hehe.

Yes, if you have a high performance RAM, go straight to 150fsb first attempt, no worry ;)

I think you are referring to the SL5QW - a 1.10 GHz 100 FSB PIII, the fastest Coppermine they make. They did have a 1.13 GHz 133 FSB PIII, but it was instable and thus recalled. The 1.13 GHz you see now are Tualatins and would require you to purchase a new motherboard.
Anyway, the 1.10 GHz are OEM processors, so you may have difficulty finding them (try EconoPC and EdgeMicro :). As for OCing, I haven't got to mine yet (I'm away, it just came in the mail) but another user on these forums (Radandand?) has gotten his to 1.466 GHz. He runs it stable at 1.36GHz. Not too shabby.
Hope this helps!

Was wondering what the multiplier is for 1.10 ghz 100fsb chip .....?

Yup anything has the FSB of 100 is easy to figure out..

1000 is 10 ..

900 is 9...

800 is 8.. etc you get the point.

i can find the 1.1 easy.. pricewatch is the shiz man... u can find the CU 1.13 on there i believe... but as far as my motherboard goes it handles up to 1.13 it says :p... i asume that is the unstable processor... PEOPLE WITH the 1.1 or 1.13 please reply and let me know ur results!

sl5qw

I just picked up dual sl5qw's for my msi 694 pro2-r board. I should be getting them today or tomorrow. Also i am going to be watercooling them to do some serious overclocking with these badboys. I will post my results as soon i get the procs.

-ZipPhReaK

fuser said:
i can find the 1.1 easy.. pricewatch is the shiz man... u can find the CU 1.13 on there i believe... but as far as my motherboard goes it handles up to 1.13 it says :p... i asume that is the unstable processor... PEOPLE WITH the 1.1 or 1.13 please reply and let me know ur results!

I believe no one have those chips yet..

Only the 1.2 Tualatin's are released as of yet.. and 1.13 won't be in for some what awhile.

Originally posted by fuser
i can find the 1.1 easy.. pricewatch is the shiz man... u can find the CU 1.13 on there i believe... but as far as my motherboard goes it handles up to 1.13 it says ... i asume that is the unstable processor... PEOPLE WITH the 1.1 or 1.13 please reply and let me know ur results!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Yodums
I believe no one have those chips yet..

Your statement should be "no one has those chips ANYMORE..."
Read my last post!

Back