• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sapphire's rma service

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tommcd64

Has anyone had to rma a card to sapphire? If so, how good was the service? Also is there a particular email I need to use or do I just go to the sapphire US site and open a support ticket? MY x1900xt died on me yesterday out of the blue. I had my system off and went in and boot it and it would not post at all. I put the x800xl back in and it booted just fine. I tried the x1900xt in another system and it wouldn't post so I want to rma the thing. That sucks because it was an early model and it had the 1.1ns memory on it.

I tried it once. They wanted to send them a 15 USD MO for processing. I told them where to go if they wanted the money :). I do not like Sapphire RMA.

I guess I got lucky. I contacted the rma address for the US and emailed the information that they needed. They said that newegg covers the first year of the oem warranty. At first I thought I was in for the old run around but when I callled newegg and told them what happened what the sapphire rma support said, I gave my newegg order number that was used and they sent me an rma number right away. I wish some of the ati manufacturers had warranties like bfg does for nvidia.

Were you OCing it hard? I have the same card, not sure if its the 1.1ns, but its a 1900xt sapphire. My warranty period is over. I better be careful with this baby. :)

Not too hard. I had it 702/783 at 1.425v. My max oc was around 740/810 but I never left it that high other than to see the artifacts and that was a couple of months ago. At the time it puked I was keeping it at 665/760. I don't know what happened to it.

X1000 SERIES HEAT ISSUES...

With the increased speeds Ati has failed to address heat issues... The stock cooling provided is poor and unless you buy a high end card with heat pipes and a fan you will feel the lag, as a performance enthusiast you had better have planned for a Zalman cooler or have a water block. Its got to be figured into the systems costs, because there can be a 20c temp swing from stock cooling to a good aftermarket solution. "But its Worth it" .....
GO BIG RED

Yep. The accelero cools it very well. I tried the zalman vf900 and it as 15 degrees hotter than the stock cooler under load at full fan. I had reseated the vf900 3 times using 3 different tim's and I got the same result each time. It made good contact. After going to the accelero my temps under load were 7-8 degrees cooler than stock at 100% and much quieter. On a happy note. I am glad I had to send it to newegg. The have received it and have already shipped the replacement. It is supposed to be here by Tuesday!! I would be double lucky if I got one back that had the 1.1ns memory on it.

I got the replacement card in. I am waiting on some replacement memory pads to arrive before I put the accelero back on. In the meantime I pulled the stock hsf off to put arctic ceramique on and I noticed that the memory chips are indeed samsung bj11!

Back