• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

goodbye

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
0.o

are you leaving the cooling section or the whole forum? i sure hope to see you around, you've pointed out some major things to be in the past and i'd hate to miss something important because you wouldnt be around...

or the people. it took me a while, but when i first came here there was this one guy... all he ever talked about was how his ti4200 was the best graphics card ever. in every section... and it was kindof annoying. i dont know if i ever got around to putting him on the ignore list thing or not, but if hes still around i dont see his annoying posts. maybe he finally figured out that his card cant keep up with newer ones and found something else to talk about

I will be sorry to see you go, I have learned a lot from your post. When I first considered water cooling I was overwhelmed with the choices and the direction to take. I tried taking the easy way out and have everyone give all the answers but some of you kept pointing me towards the "search" function so that I could not only do my own leg work but it also made me read different opinions and methods so that I could see what the possibilities really were.

This is a great forum full of very knowledgeable people and people teaching me "how to fish" has helped me more than just giving me the answers. If I was out of line to the poster I truly apologize. But the journey is more important than the question. JMO

If you want to leave just PM a mod and ask to be banned. Then you wont ever have to deal with another newbie question and you wont have to put out the effort to answer it or the non effort of ignoring it.

haha I remember that guy w/ the ti4200 annoyed the crap out of me too..eventually people started baggin on him and he stopped...he had the fat girl in his avatar I remember that too overclocker something

I'm sorry to see you go, I know that I've learned quite alot from reading your posts and getting replays to my PM's when I needed help.
In time I hope you will come back.

cya dude. sorry to say i'm one of those lazy jerks who just keep asking questions without reading the stickies and stuff. :/

This just seems like attention whoring to me now. Taking up your toys and going home.

I don't like seeing members go but this seems a pretty poor reason IMHO.

thorilan said:
I honestly havent been a member here too long. I do not know you. However ill put my 2 cents in. If people are asking for help because they are lazy then do not help them. If someone decides to help them that is their choice and not yours. Using the fact a couple of members are lazy to justify your leave which will only lead to a lesser contribution isnt a great idea. You leaving will not even prove anything, sorry but time buries us all. I suggest not helping lazy people and to continue contribution to the boards.

I wish I totally understood the issue here.... But I just don't !!

Although it does appear to be rather ironic that someone who appears angry regarding lazyness posts a singular link rather than an explaination as to why they believe that it is an appropiate time to leave the forums.

During my time as a moderator I have been accused of many things, and this happens to this very day - even in the thread that caused this depature assumptions are made that I can behave in a different manner because of the colour of my stars
if i where a blue green or red star , posting the link to the search would have been perfectly acceptable
Yet this is not the case, because the membership keep us on our toes and take any opportunity to point out our failings...
Everyones got failings its part of the human condition however at a certain point in time, I stopped enjoying these forums and had to take a rest, silly things got on my nerves - some people who contribute greatly in whatever manner may require this rest or break at times and perhaps this may be applicable thinking for you.......

Sleep on it and I hope to see you back sooner or later

Last edited:
thorilan if you decide to stay away your knowledge will be missed. I don't understand your anger over the whole issue though. If someone is lazy and wants the answer spoonfed to them, don't post, simple as that. I don't. IMO it is just silly to get bent over this.

Unseen,

Just let him think it was his posting the link to the search. When we all know that is not the issue, but instead his thread refering to the thread he posted the search link. Calling someone lazy and using an example that showed off how lazy he was and not the person he was acussing of being lazy.

I don't understand the goings on here. Point those asking questions in the right direction.

Having read through most of these posts, My humbled opinion here is that at least these 2 threads should be closed for now, seems like too many hurt feelings, flames, and not enough support for anyone. Even the Mods and Admin have been drawn into this little tiff. I do not believe anything should have come to this.
-=ghetto=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back