• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS core ready p965 boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkh

There are the p5B deluxe and normal p5B , the deluxe has 8 phase power:clap:

http://www.asus.com/products3.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=307&slname=Intel P965

deluxe

- Intel LGA775 Platform
- Intel® Core(tm)2 Extreme / Core(tm)2 Duo Ready
- Intel® Pentium® D / Pentium® 4 / Celeron® D Ready
- AI NOS / AI Gear / AI Nap
- 8 Phase Power Design
- Fanless Design - Heat Pipe & Stack Cool 2
- Array Mic / Noise Filter / DTS Connect
- WiFi-AP Solo(tm)

1179_l.jpg

WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! 8-PHASE POWER!

I wonder when these things will be released.

It looks like I'll be getting rid of my P5WD2-E soon then..

-GearShift3r

I hadn't seen the 975X that supports Conroe.... Now I'm going to have to pick between the 965 and 975. Both boards look superb which in most cases doesn't mean anything, just that I have a window in the side of my PC61.

Gautam said:
I wouldn't hold your breath for that...pretty sure that's Q1 07 or so.
Ross said:
Yeah, a lot of things all of sudden look like they are being pushed back 1Q. I don't know if I would hold my breath for the 3.33 XE either. Intel has AMD licked and short of them stepping up with something that will compete/beat the 2.93GHz inside the next 3-6 months, I don't know if there's any reason for them to release a Conroe that fast (other than to make more $$ ). The quad-cores will be right behind the XE release time (at least as originally roadmapped) and at about the same price. I guess it depends what they want to sell.

Either way, the 985 chipset is for the XE and the quad-cores, so I wouldn't count on seeing them much before one or the other is released.

Last page of the "N00b's Guide to Conroe Based Performance Computing and OC Results" thread.

NODES said:
when are those popping in?

The 985 chipset hasnt showed up on any of Intels roadmaps since before IDF (maybe a tidbit during as well but I cant find any info). No current roadmaps mention it at all. I think they saw the 975 could fill the market it targets between Q206 and Q207 until they will release the new "Bearlake" platform. http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2551.

I "may" just hold out until then. I'm not liking i965 as it targets a mainstream market and 975x wasn't developed to support the Core arch. I think Intel will do it right for enthustiasts with Bearlake.

Back