• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bought this today also threw away $23 =(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

updawg

StarCraft II Fanatic
Tygon 3603 Tubing 3/8" ID 5/8" OD
(wrong size! what a waste of money I swear I double checked my order too :cry: )

Plastic Snap Tubing Clamps Options: Clamp Size: 1/2" ID Tubing with 3/4" OD

12V DD-D5 Pump
Options: Fitting Size: 1/2" OD Fittings (For 1/2" ID Tubing)

Acetal Version MAZE4GPU
Options: Fitting Size: 1/2" OD High Flow Chrome Fittings (For 1/2" ID Tubing)
RAMsinks: 8 OCZ BGA RAMsinks with Thermal Tape

DD Fillport Reservoir
Options: Add a Fillport: Yes - Black
Fitting Size: 1/2" OD Fitting for 1/2" ID Tubing
Poly "T": Included

Stealth GT 240 Black Ice
Options: Fitting Size: 1/2 OD Fittings
Barb Style: High Flow Fitting
Color: Black

Scythe "DF series" 80mm Super Silent Fan - M Speed (2)
Sleeve Color Black
Heatshrink Color Black

Acrylic Window Kit - Square with Dual 80mm Fan Intakes
Window Molding Color Black Molding

RadGrillz Stripes 2x120 Aluminum Black

SCYTHE S-FLEX™ 120mm 1600 rpm Quiet Fan (2)
Sleeve Color Black
Heatshrink Color Black

Swiftech STORM Extreme Performance Universal Water-block - Rev 2

Arctic Silver 5 - 3.5 grams

Now I have to buy more tubing but with the right size.. hopefully everything else goes according to plan.. ugh

Mike

I'm sure once you get classified access you can make most of your loss back on that tubing. Surely someone will be able to use it.

How does one get classified access? I stumbled across this forum a few weeks ago and have found mass amounts of information along with the kind hearted nature from members helping me every step of the way!

Mike

you need to have 100 posts

Did you order this all from performance-pcs? It's possible that you may still be able to call them and get them to change the order.

You have to have 100 posts or be of "member" status to access the classifieds. Hey, when you do, I may buy some from you.

Well I have 10 feet of it.. so I would be more than happy to help you out. I tried calling Danger Den but I guess it was to late and I already got an email saying process completed.. oh well

Mike

updawg said:
Well I have 10 feet of it.. so I would be more than happy to help you out. I tried calling Danger Den but I guess it was to late and I already got an email saying process completed.. oh well

Mike

hmm

2.3 dollars a foot is not bad

More like i wasted $36.53(including shipping), had to reorder the proper tubing today!

I'll set the other tubbing aside I guess.

Mike

HOLD ON!!!! no need to freek out, im cheap and got a killer deal on the same type of tubeing, and im running it on all 1/2" parts... this is really not a big issue all you need to do is take a bowl of water stick it in the microwave unitl its hot. Then dip the end of your tube into it to warm it up take a pair of nedle nose pliers and streatch the tube some and then just work it on. First one will take about 5 min but then after that they will be easy. No need to buy more tubing, or lose money.

I believe he already ordered new tubing. I would rather have larger tubing than force 3/8 over 1/2 barbs anyways. 7/16 was pain enough...

I think we all know that you can stretch smaller tubing over barbs, but it's really not good for performance. It'd be much better to get the actual 1/2" ID tubing.

Waiting for classified access thats all I can say, hopefully help someone else out like i've been helped out since I've joined!

Mike

PunkRawk911 said:
I think we all know that you can stretch smaller tubing over barbs, but it's really not good for performance. It'd be much better to get the actual 1/2" ID tubing.

it hardly makes a difference if you only going down in size alittle bit, 3/8 on 1/2 would not reduce performance hardly at all, now going to 1/4... that whould hurt performance, and would be hard as hell to get on there.

Tygon is so easy that its really not even a challenge to get 3/8s on to a 1/2" barb.

Back