• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anybody do CLEAR barbs etc ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R B Customs

hey guys, was wondering if anybody knows if you ccan get completly clear barbs, Ts Y's etc ? im aware that you can get a slightly dfrosted 'clear' joints, but im after somethign crystal clear.

my first thought is that the widly availible semi-transparent barbs will be 'soft' enough not to shatter/crack etc and i cant really place my fingwer on a suitable crystal clear material that has those properties.

R B Customs said:
hey guys, was wondering if anybody knows if you ccan get completly clear barbs, Ts Y's etc ? im aware that you can get a slightly dfrosted 'clear' joints, but im after somethign crystal clear.

my first thought is that the widly availible semi-transparent barbs will be 'soft' enough not to shatter/crack etc and i cant really place my fingwer on a suitable crystal clear material that has those properties.

Flame-polished acryllic (I think) could be used, but I've never seen them. Sorry.

I havn't seen any. I think the problem may be that clear plastic is more brittle than the stuff used for the black T's (ABS? dunno, not familar with plastics)

In theory someone could do Polycarbonate ones. Theres not really a market for them beyond watercooling though. The only reason we have the luxury of so many types of barbs is because we're piggy backing off of other industries.

Sneaky said:
the clearest you'll find is the translucent clear/white polypropylene barbs

this is what i feared.

damarble: also my thoughts exactly.

what are you guys thoughts on theses semi transparent babrbs? are they as durable / safe as brass / chrome ones?

im going for a very high impact LOOMING' syustem, and idealy i need perfectly clear babrbs, otherwise i suppose i could paint my existiong ones to suit.

the ones frozencpu sells are uv reactive and look pretty good with my clear masterkleer tubing and blue uv water

If you *must* have clear barbs, and you're handy with (the right) tools, go to www.usplastic.com. The have clear pipe that could be cut and glued to form T's, Y's, etc. They even have some treaded fittings that might work for your blocks and rad. I'd link you up better but I'm at work and my right-click is disabled. :(

those US plastics look good, im in the UK though.
ive acctually just seen a set up with those translucent barbs and red water ( the water must be red) and they acctually looked beter than i thought.

as i said, this one is going to be all about looks. im thinking about ditching the jubillee clips in favour od nylon hose clamps too, this will eb qwith Tygon tubing, i know most prefer masterkleer, but i have 5 samples of different tubing andf i like the tygon better, and it LOOKs better.

id go for jubille clips if i coul;d get hold of red heatshrink tubing big enough to cover em, so im thinking of just getting the nylons... or even zip ties would be better
any thoughts?

cant stress enough that itas all abotu how it looks ! lol, watch my next thread ill be posting shortly to understand why ;)

soloz2 said:
the ones frozencpu sells are uv reactive and look pretty good with my clear masterkleer tubing and blue uv water

Actually US Plastics corp has 1/2" Ts with a slightly larger ID. I use the Polypropylene ones. The Nylon and PVDT work fine but I like the color of the PP ones.

Back