• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best res

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ObiwanShinobi

What is the best resivour anyone here has bought? I'm buying a new res because mine seems to be leaking, everything else is fine and works perfectly. I had the DD clear acrylic bay style res and it leaked. What should I buy this time that wont leak at the seams?

NeoSpawn, I'm sure Obiwan is well aware of a T-Line and it's functions, however that is not what he asked for.

Obiwan, I have heard a lot of nice things about the Swiftech MCRes. Even if you went with another DD res, it's not likely to leak. There is a good possibility that user error caused the leak as well.

As I posted in your other thread, I make my own, but if I were to buy one, it would be the Swiftech microres due to its size and the ability to mount the thing just about anywhere. I also am wondering what would have caused your bayres to leak as it really is quite rare for that to happen. Bay reservoirs really are not ideal for plumbing routing, and really don't bleed air very quickly. If you really are worried about leaks, you could also make a tooless PVC res http://www.overclockers.com/tips1230/ and just paint it black. It is cheap and will not leak.

Well as of right now I have no clue to what might be causing my bay res to leak. I'm looking for a sturdy bay res right now to replace my current one. But I have noticed that my bay only leaks when I have the pump on.
If anyone knows of any nice bay reses that I could buy just give me a link, that would be most helpful

I love the dual bay floppy res...looks effin SWEET in the front of your case and holds quita bit of water.

Flip-Mode said:
How about those cast res thingies? There is a great deal on sidewinder right now and I ordered one together with my rad.
Link

there have been a lot of problems with the housing cracking when tightening down the barbs on this type of res. That is why you hardly see this type of res anymore.

Bay reservoirs in general really are not a very good design as they usually add a good bit of tubing, are really not that accessible, don't really bleed very quickly, and take up a lot of room. I realize that some people like having the acrylic type showing from the front of the case for looks which is fine, but really the toolless res or the microres are really a better design.

I didn't like the tline much myself, it was awkward to fill and takes from the "smoothness" of the system so I decided to get a res and not eat out this week :shrug:
I'll have to be gentle with the barbs and it should be alright.

voigts said:
there have been a lot of problems with the housing cracking when tightening down the barbs on this type of res. That is why you hardly see this type of res anymore.
Yeah, mine cracked, even after I was warned and tried to be gentle with it. :/ No damage, thankfully, but I'd stay away from those.

Back