• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

38 fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DennisMV

Registered
Hey, I haven't done that, but I my online friend have used 38 fans in his machine.
Why ? He overclocked everything ! And I mean everything. He told me it was the CPU, the video card, other things. I don't know where he put them. I haven't talked to him in a while, but next time I meet him I'll need to ask him how and where he put them.

Me ? Hey, I only have 8 fans :)

Denny

It would seem that 38 fans is overkill. Is this chap pulling your leg? If not, a re-think of his cooling setup is in order. And overdue.

Maybe he replaced his case sidepanels with fans... That would explain the humongous amount of fans.

I've had 12 fans in my case at best...

>does 8 include your power supply fans, case fans, card fan, chipsets fans, and the hsf?
4 case fans, 1 video card fan, 2 CPU fans, 1 PSU fan = 8 fans
I don't think I have chipset fans..

>It would seem that 38 fans is overkill. Is this chap pulling your leg?
he might be, but I don't think so. He's pretty crazy like that. .

>Maybe he replaced his case sidepanels with fans
Yes, I think that's what he did.
I think he did the whole thing to show off to his friends. He has LAN parties and he's the 'computer guy' in his city.
Last I heard of him, he took the fans off.

Denny

hmm lets see here,

4 chassis fans, 1 psu, 1 cpu, 1 vid card, 3 hd fans= 10 fans

and believe me my comp sounds like it getting ready to take off.

DennisMV,
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

I think 38 fans is overkill!
Not to mention the noise!!!

That person must get good temps though.

I would NEVER use 38 fans in my comps,
famous last words. :p
Do any of you have over 20 fans?

welcome to the sickness!

38!! Um..... time to cut back and rethink his setup BIG TIME!

I think RedneckTech has 27 or so... It's really not all that hard to do... 4 Hard drive cooling bays with (4) 40mm fans each gets you to 16 really fast, then case fans, psu fans, chipset fans, CPU fans, it wouldn't be THAT hard to put 38 fans into a big enough case. I've got a server around the corner that has umm... hmmm I think about 40 fans. 4 120s up front, 20 40s cooling the 5 hard drives, 8 60s cooling the 4 processors, then 4 120s and 2 92s in the back, and two 80s in the PSUs... Yup, 40 Fans, and that's before any modding. heheheh... They haven't let me do that yet, somehow they don't think the words 'Xeon Server' and 'Holesaw' go in the same sentence for some reason... It does however, already have two windows, one on each side of the case, and it came like that from the factory. I just wish it would die or something so I could get the case... prolly weighs about 150lbs empty though... hehe
Peace
John

Wouldn't you end up with solder dripping down the inside of your case with that kinda loading :confused:

That many fans would even bring the ambient temperature down.

You would have to wear ear defenders to stop the noise deafening you, and to keep your ears warm

38 fans...............mmmmmmmm..................:D

I have 17 fans. Since I can regulate the voltage going to them, the system isn't all that loud. Here's the breakdown.

120mm: 3. Two intakes, one exhaust.
92mm: 2. One intake, one cooling hard drives.
80mm: 5. One intake, two exhaust, one PSU fan, one cooling hard drives.
70mm: 1. One CPU fan. (actually, it's an oddly shaped 60mm fan. It has 70mm blades and 60mm bolt holes.)
60mm: 2. Two exhaust.
50mm: 2. One GPU cooler, one voltage regulator cooler.
40mm: 1. One Northbridge cooler.
30mm: 1. One inside the CD burner.

when I finally get around to finishing my setup I will have 6, 2 120, 1 60 or 80 (depends on how my water tubes fit),2 psu fans, 1 40 on vid card

I may stick another one or two in there just for good measure though

still with water cooling I will not need 38 fans:D

Back