• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Put a what on a P3 slot One

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlabamaCajun

I put a "Chicken Head Cooler" on a PIII 550 slot one :D

I bought an Arctic Cooling VM101 that has a fin on it that looks like a chicken silluette. I bough it because it was on sale for a rediculously low price tried it on several cards. My 9800XT was just too hot for 2 heatpipes. My X600XT did not fit well though I had it on for 7 months until lastweek when I put the stock back on.
Here's where it gets ghetto. This is an ASUS P3BF (flagship) motherboard with a slot one P3-550 (overvolter by 0.05 or 2.05Vcore) with an AC-VM101 VGA Cooler and 80mm LED Fan. 128M of SiliconMountain PC100 at 2.2.2.8 :D (yea right :p ). VGA is some ATI Rage card.
p3bf550.jpg

This was taken whilest this thing was on the bench and folding. Note the LED fan sitting on the Printer Port sucking air from the dual heatpipe cooler. Also not the two pieces of Aluminium stuffed into the NB sink (green). These 2 Aluminium strips each about 2 inches standing on edge are to assist the NB cooler until I can get a better BN cooler of a better ghetto mod.

Last edited:
Take one PIII... mix with Head of Chicken. Shawheet! Nice d00d! :beer:

To be quite honest, it looks like it fits really well. :thup: Did you mod the cooler any to get it to fit that well?

No the cooler is chicken stock :p I just with these PIIIs were not locked, I can give it some volts and make it screem but I can't push the multi. The PC100 in it is CL2, if I can find a way to push the PSB them the chip would rise also.

I also have the K6-2 450 running with a huge kingwin cooler and it will OC to 550 so I'll push that one. The K6-2s were not as fast as the P3s so it kind of lags.

Still have that K62-450 if you're interested. Oh yeah, check your PM. I've got something to show you. :D

Back