• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Problem when installing my G.Skill Mem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maganja

Registered
Ok guys .... I dont understand this. Maybe you guys can help me.
I bought a set of G.Skill 1G x 2 mem. My other mem i guess burned up the one on my sig hehe.. One stick works but the other stick wont .. hehe

So First thing i do is Reset my settings in bios to Default and making sure to place the jumpers for the voltage back to what it should be (the jumpers that lets you go past 3.2v).

So i put the new mem in and this is what it says. "NTLDR Missing" Press ctrl+alt+del to restart. :eek:

I tried different mem slots and tried it with one stick at a time. Every time it said this .... :confused:

So I go back and put my original mem back .... reload my setting to what I had before that was working , and it boots just fine ....

I had bought 2 sets of the g.skill because I was gonna put it in my other gaming comp that I had built to keep at work so I can play ... hehe :)

I tried both sets of G.skill mem that i bought

Anyways I did a search on this NTLDR issue and it seems that it is an OS problem ? :bang head

So why would changing Mem sticks cause this ?

Or am i wrong ....

Thanks for any help you my have!!

i get that when i o/c too far.

up the voltage on the ram a tad..see if that helps and manually set your ram timings

Something set with the RAM is wrong I'd say.

Check RAM voltages if you can, I think these sticks like low voltage so it should be around 2.6v

I got that error once and it was hell trying to get it fixed. Its the bios thing that loads the OS. I had to reflash the bios to fix it. But maybe your's is temporary...:sn:

Maganja said:
So i put the new mem in and this is what it says. "NTLDR Missing" Press ctrl+alt+del to restart.
This error means that the OS can not find the HDD. This is 95% of the time caused by too lage of a memory OC. The suggestion to manually set memory to the SPD timings is a good one. Also, some MOBO's just do not like CAS 2.5.

Back