• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2 premium Temps problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UglyChild

Not sure what’s going on, but my CPU temps are off the scale. Last thing i did, was install newer Office, rebooted, and my temps started idling 6c higher then they did before.

Now at full load its 12c higher then it used to be. Temps jump all over the place constantly, never stable. I took the cooler off and put some new fresh ArticSilver on it and still same problem. I used PCProbeII and SpeedFan to check temps, and both read same exact thing. According to SpeedFan, Sensor3(not sure what that is) has a temp of 119c, or sometimes its at -49c.
North Bridge temps are fine, no change there.

Its a Intel D950 with Zalman 9500 cooler. Been using latest BIOS since the day the came out. So not sure what’s going on now.

Thanks in advance.

Nothing in the backround is running at all except for standard services. So its around 0-1% cpu usage.
At 50%, i get higher temps then i used to. Plus temps jump instantly by 5c as soon as i try to open any small program; office, IE, FireFox, etc.

:bang head

I disabled any Office services that might be running at start up.

Could be motherboard is flaking out on me, even though it runs with out a single hick up, except for the Temp bug that i have now.

Back