• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe34

alright, in the watercooling setup im gonna make, im going to have the cpu block, ram cooling block for the geforce 3, and the GPU cooling for the geforce 3...maybe in the future i will get a chiset cooler, but for the moment being this is it.....i was hoping to get a pump/reservoir combo like from dangerden but i dont know what size to get....i was thinking 3/8 " tubing...and im going to be using a radiator from a broken house window AC unit. what do you all think

sounds pretty good. For the pump and resivor i made my own. I went to Lowes and got a underground electrical box and put my 295 gph pump in there. If you do it that way you might save a little money, i spent 24 dollars total for both of them.

well id like to stay away from making the equipment myself, cause i dont wanna mess it up....because i have the tendacy to do that......do you think 1250gph is way too much? and i want to get a pump that will plug into a wall outlet, i dont want it running off the psu

YES 1250gph is WAY too much unless you are using a BIG bong cooler

the bigger the pump the louder it will be as well

3/8" or 1/2" tubing would work fine
if you go with the 1/2" the whole system has to be 1/2" for it to take effect

I would go with the 3/8"

so how many gph should i get?
and do you know where i can get a pump that plugs into a wall outlet....my psu isnt big enough to power a pump also

An ehiem or danner pump is probably your best bet (though the latter tend to have impellor housing cracking issues), run off the ac line, come in various sizes. Depending on your kit something in the 300 gph range is probably fine.

ButcherUK

I am also in the UK and want do get some water cooling sorted.

CVould you possibly give me some details of what I would need to purchase and where from, as I don't have a clue.

Also rough prices would be good.

Cheers;)

Tekheads have a decent range of water cooling stuff, swifty and DD blocks, rads (inc. the nice dtek cooler core), tubing etc. Only thing they don't stock is pumps, I got my eheim from watercooling.co.uk who have since gone out of business so I'm not sure where you'd find a pump supplier, local garden centre maybe...

thx 4 the info m8, I noticed they had a reservoir with built in pump, do u no if it is n e good???

cheers

cooler core

Vega said:
ButcherUK

I am also in the UK and want do get some water cooling sorted.

CVould you possibly give me some details of what I would need to purchase and where from, as I don't have a clue.

Also rough prices would be good.

Cheers;)
I have just got my own setup operational. Got a Maxijet 750 (650l/hr) pump from a local Tropical Fish shop in Southampton and got a Be Cooling copper waterblock from the same in the USA for $45 inclusive of postage. Arrived in 4 days. Running great Duron 800@1080 1.82V load temp 28C idle 26C.

Vega said:
thanx 4that, what do u do about getting it all mounted???
Not sure what you are asking. I am using evaporative cooling. Have two 10l plastic stackable storage bins. Lower is the reservoir and the upper is my own form of evaporator. Attached the w/b using a plastic clamp as per article on main page. Maxijet is either submersible/external. Have mine submersed. The whole thing has cost about £60.

Back