• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SI-120 and Lian Li v2000b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Ok I've been thinking of going back to air cooling. As it seems I have issues with water levels dropping no mater what. So I was looknig at getting a SI-120, but was wondering if it would work right in my LL v2000b case. From what it looks like the heatpipes will be pointing towards my ram the same as in a normal case. So has anyone ran this cooler with this case, and if so how was it. I plan on cooling a Venice 3500 currently running at 2500+MHz with 1.47Vcore.

pretty much it doesnt really matter how the heat pipes are orientited.... i have had them in all directions and temps never change...

One question tho... how the hell do you loose water in a closed system not exposed to air??? :confused:

nd4spdbh2 said:
pretty much it doesnt really matter how the heat pipes are orientited.... i have had them in all directions and temps never change...

One question tho... how the hell do you loose water in a closed system not exposed to air??? :confused:

Your guess is as good as mine. It's been up and running for about two weeks now, so all the air should be out of the system. Over the last two days tho my water level dropped 7" in my 7/16" T-line. I may be a little too worried but I'd rather worry and everything be ok then to think all is good and wake up with a dead rig.

i'm running a 4400 at a hot 1.57v and it idles about 35 and loads around 41-45 with an ambient of 27 and the fans on low...i just crank the fans when im gaming. its impossible to overload the 120 if its fed fresh cool air, its a great sink and i never lapped or removed the ihs or any of that cr@p.

It seems to me that new SI 120s cost about $40 (checked HeatsinkFactory.com and Jab-Tech.com). Have you poked around reviews of the Scythe MINE, Scythe Ninja, the new Thermalright Ultra-90 and Ultra-120*, and the Thermaltake Big Typhoon*? Or if you found a good deal on the SI, more power to you. One think I know is, with the XP-90, then 120 and 90c, they always marketed it as orientation not mattering, which implied that orientation did matter on the similar-yet-older SI series. But then, can't you turn around the SI's bracket configuration so that you could determine, through arduous HSF reseating, just what the right orientation was?

*Cost more than $40

Back