• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX57 or OPTY146?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
I just got a brand new sealed

ADAFX57DAABN
CAB2E 0531VPMW

I also have in current rig

OPTY 146
CAB2E 0546

I'am able to get around 2.9ghz pretty easy with my opty and sence I got a good deal on this cpu I was just woundering if you guy's thought I should try it out and maybe get 3.1 200mhz more then I'am currently running or just resell it so I can make a better upgrade in the future?

From what I've read the fx57 is faster then the fx60 but then again is there going to be a noticeable difference other then the unlocked muilt's enough to make me want to open this package or not.

The only like I can find about the FX same step.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=76741&highlight=fx57

Jonspd

I betcha you'd be able to hit 3.2 stable with it. From reading that thread, it looks like a gem. Especially considering thr heavy cold bug...generally the more severe the bug, the better it does on air/water.

Then again, might as well pass it on while you can, considering all the new stuff in the loop.

I vote for selling the FX-57. Unless you are a real benchmark junkie, I would say you won't really notice the difference in MHz. Plus, selling it will give you a nice chunk of cash to go toward a future upgrade.

Gautam said:
Then again, might as well pass it on while you can, considering all the new stuff in the loop.

My thought's.
PWatterson said:
I vote for selling the FX-57. Unless you are a real benchmark junkie, I would say you won't really notice the difference in MHz. Plus, selling it will give you a nice junk of cash to go toward a future upgrade.

Not really a benchmark junky but I would like to see 25sec superpi on amd 939. Then again I could get less then 20sec superpi if I just made the move over to the dark side right now:D

Having problems not opening the box as it's calling my name. I think my 146 is going to someone for a upgraded pci-e card. So chances are I'am going to get to play with the FX57 after all./

[smacktalk] Come fall we will see where the pwnage is when K8 65nm meets lamo con-roes. [/smacktalk]

IMO, I would drop the 57 in another board and have a second rig folding or gaming etc.

I will have to wait on the farming of thing's :D till I get in a house. Right now I have my lappy folding and my primary rig whenever I'am on it and not playing T2.

AlabamaCajun said:
[smacktalk] Come fall we will see where the pwnage is when K8 65nm meets lamo con-roes. [/smacktalk]

I've always liked you AC....I've always liked you. :D

I love AMD....they've been so good for so long. I also anxiously await the 65nm (K8L, I believe?) and hope it steps up to the plate.
I've also been hearing that the AM2 release coincides with the DDR2 800 release, which might be a bit of a performance boost, since all the "disappointing" benchies I've been hearing about have been with DDR2 533/667.

Clock that FX-57, and wind it up tighter than a $2 wristwatch!!

I would have sold them both and got a known good stepping of Opty 165. It can hit 3.0 or even 3.2 if you get lucky. Would own both of your CPU's and cost less than the FX57.

Actually, what I'd REALLY do is sell everything and wait until the end of the year to build something sick. (Wait, thats what I did do ;) )

Misfit138 said:
I've always liked you AC....I've always liked you. :D

I love AMD....they've been so good for so long. I also anxiously await the 65nm (K8L, I believe?) and hope it steps up to the plate.
I've also been hearing that the AM2 release coincides with the DDR2 800 release, which might be a bit of a performance boost, since all the "disappointing" benchies I've been hearing about have been with DDR2 533/667.

Clock that FX-57, and wind it up tighter than a $2 wristwatch!!
Thank you Fit, yes :thup

The 57 can take a lot of abuse and it can be clocked to the walls.

Keep the faith with AMD they will step ON the plate.:burn:

Back