• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Commendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eobard

Give me a break Senior
I want to thank Bob, at Rogers @home service, for un-jamming my email account when it got hung up on one message and prevented me from downloading any mail past that message. :)While I'm at it I want to say screue you to Bill, for making the horrible program known as Outhouse Express, which to date has jammed on my email downloads 7 times. :mad: I've had cable internet less than half a year Bill and your crap program has died on me 7 times!!!

Woa, that happened to you too?! Oh, and I thank Bob too. but too bad I will have to yell at him tomorrow for not being able to access my web-space from the www site, when all of my friends can. ;)

Oni said:
Use a good email program, like Eudora (http://www.qualcomm.com).

I've never had a problem with it ever.

I'm not gonna dora, Eudora. I'm not gonna dora... :D

Super said:
Woa, that happened to you too?! Oh, and I thank Bob too. but too bad I will have to yell at him tomorrow for not being able to access my web-space from the www site, when all of my friends can. ;)

Yeah and the stupid 800 number was either busy (How can an 800 number be busy?) or DEAD for about 5 hours. :mad:

Finally I got through and "Bob" deleted the offending email.

eobard said:
I want to thank Bob, at Rogers @home service, for un-jamming my email account when it got hung up on one message and prevented me from downloading any mail past that message. :)While I'm at it I want to say screue you to Bill, for making the horrible program known as Outhouse Express, which to date has jammed on my email downloads 7 times. :mad: I've had cable internet less than half a year Bill and your crap program has died on me 7 times!!!

Go to http://mailstart.com next time this happens and scroll down the page to a box that says "See the WebBox Software in Action" and enter your userid@your pop3 server and your password and it will bring up your email messages then find the one that is hanging it up and delete it. You should then be able to download your email.

Re: Re: Commendations

Maddman said:

Go to http://mailstart.com next time this happens and scroll down the page to a box that says "See the WebBox Software in Action" and enter your userid@your pop3 server and your password and it will bring up your email messages then find the one that is hanging it up and delete it. You should then be able to download your email.

Heaven forbid I ever need it (and I will, believe me I will) I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Commendations

eobard said:

Heaven forbid I ever need it (and I will, believe me I will) I'll give it a shot, thanks.

And I did (need it, only a few days later!) and it worked. I'd like to thank Maddman and while I'm at it reiterate my "screue you" to Bill.

Back