• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

this has to be a software problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

striker85

I'm running Everest to monitor my temps. It hits the nail right on the head with my cpu and gpu temps. but it detects a third sensor which I can't identify. Everest sees a "motherboard" sensor which reports a more or less constant temp. or around 80C. I figured it was my chipset and added it to my water cooling loop. After that I saw no decrease in temp. So my assumption is that the temperature that Everest reports is a figment and not my chipset. Can anyone support this claim?

I have seen Everest detect sensors that arent there, almost like its maybe something partially added to the motherboard for a future revision. But in most cases these stay constant and I ignore them. I believe everest detects a wierd one on my mother board which is different from my chipset and cpu sensors.

I have had a similar problem with MBM in the past. Some temperature being reported that never changes no matter what the ambient temp is.

Back