• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do these temps sound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cruiza120

I'm running:
AMD X2 4400+
MSI K8N Neo-4 mobo
1 gig value ram
XFX 7900gt extreme(520/1500)
Just got an antec vcool VGA cooler
Maxtor Ultra ATA 250gb HD
HP DVD burner
Sony DVD-ROM
Some shiny lights
Ultra 400w with 2 fans

The cpu has the stock HSF. I've oc'd the video card now and again, but I don't get too much difference out of it. I've tried oc'ing the cpu but it crashed and I assume it was because of my crappy ram. The case is an Antec Super Lanboy with a 120mm intake and a 120mm exhaust .

I am idling:
46-47C GPU temp
13-14C Case temp
34C cpu temp

Full Load(Oblivion-Ultra High Settings, HDR, 0xAA, 1024x768):
68C max GPU temp
29C max Case temp
45C max cpu temp

I'm going to get an A8N32-SLI Deluxe
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131568

and 2 gigs of dual channel - probably patriot(seems cheap and decent):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220079

I'm also looking at a Zalman CNPS-9500:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118223

Possibly a GPU cooler and GPU ram heatsinks as well, when I have the money. And definitely a better HD setup. with SATA II.

How do those temps sound to you oc'ers? Also, do those upgrades sound good to you? Thanks a ton, guys.

14C! at idle!? how cool do you have your room!? And that seems like a huge jump from your idle temp to the load temp on your CPU.

My room temp is about 23C, but this case really gets the air moving - Putting my hand near an output other than the PSU feels like there is an air conditioner in there.

Of course, there could be an issue with the system temp readout that I'm getting this from, but I'm not aware of any problem. I'm using Nvidia's NV monitor for all of the temps.

Even with that case having good airflow, I have never seen an air cooling system drop temps below ambient much less almost 10 degress below ambient. Also There is a huge jump between the idle case temp to the load case temp, im wondering if your temp sensors are just really inacurate.

those temps look great. My temps are pretty much identical to those except my CPU goes to 49C under load.

lol, so the air in the case is suddenly 10°C cooler :D I want to have that too!

But besides the case sensor being funny, I think these are great temps. Especially on a non oc'ed system

I'll see how the temps go when i upgrade the cooling on the graphics and the cpu and get the new mobo and ram - then start oc'ing. Thanks for the replies!

What are you using to determine your case temps? It is not possible to reduce temps below ambient by only using a fan. A fan only will move air from one location to the other, it won't actually decrease the temperature one bit.

Maybe his processor draws heat in from the air around it, uses some of it to do work, then sends the rest back to the power company for a little extra money?

LOL. I'm using Nvidia's Ntune NVMonitor to watch the temps. I don't know where this "system temp" is being determined from, however.

Back