• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Pool Header Just After Insalling XP Pro with SP2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I created a slipstreamed copy of my XP Pro with SP2 and my nForce 2 chipset drivers 5.10's and forceware 81.98's. I even added any security updates to the installing including Windows Installer 3.1. Now I created it on the 13/05/06 and did a format to test it out it worked perfectly.

Now I tried today to do another format as I've had problems removing some software and think I had a virus. Anyways set-up XP to full format my HDD as it was installing it came 85% then said it couldn't copy a certain file. So I tried it again it got to 100% then BAD_POOL_HEADER popped up.

What could be causing this problem I've reinstalled XP Pro off my original CD but want to solve the problem. Recreate a new slipstreamed CD and test it see if it works properly without activating this install until I get it right.

AngelfireUk83 said:
What could be causing this problem I've reinstalled XP Pro off my original CD but want to solve the problem. Recreate a new slipstreamed CD and test it see if it works properly without activating this install until I get it right.
I've had problems like this with slipstreamed disks if I burn them at full speed (48X). Reburning the .iso at 4X fixed the problem for me.

It don't matter now I've totally dismantled my PC as I was selling it anyways after trying to installing it again another 4 times. It kept coming up with different errors even when using my original XP Pro CD.

I'm hoping I can get some cash for the parts:

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics Card
Memory

It would seem the HDD is damaged as well as that it my diagnostic if it won't let an original XP Pro disc install like it used too the HDD's gone. I'm starting to purchase a AM2 system anyways but I'm considering in getting a laptop or 1 of those Shuttle barebones towers. Hopefully I can find 1 with AM2 support in it for 1 of those SHuttle PC's.

AngelfireUk83 said:
It would seem the HDD is damaged as well as that it my diagnostic if it won't let an original XP Pro disc install like it used too the HDD's gone.
Uh... what? I'm having trouble understanding that sentence, but I think what you mean is that you're assuming the HDD is dead because you can't install Windows using a disk that worked fine before. My feeling is that you're jumping to a conclusion prematurely. I've had install problems that were causing by a flaky stick of RAM. I would suggest downloading and running a diagnostic tool for the HDD. You can download such a program from the manufacturer's website to run from a bootable floppy. This should confirm a bad HDD if that's the case. I know I wouldn't want to buy any of your hardware before you verified the problem.

Well I put the HDD onto my mates PC as a slave drive and formatted it it reports the drive as 76.6GB. And didn't come up with any errors like cannot format HDD. So that means I can sell that I'm going to test my memory in my brothers PC tommorrow since I've taken my PC apart.

And I wouldn't sell faulty hardware to anyone if I knew it was faulty where we that get me. A very ****ed of customer who trusted that it was in good condition that's not the way I sell things.

AngelfireUk83 said:
And I wouldn't sell faulty hardware to anyone if I knew it was faulty where we that get me. A very ****ed of customer who trusted that it was in good condition that's not the way I sell things.
Of course you wouldn't sell hardware that you knew to be faulty. :) Hopefully you can figure out which piece of hardware was giving you problems.

I hope I do I asked on here how much I would get for motherboard, CPU, memory, G. Card & HDD. I was thinking £200 but some people replied a little more it would be great to get £250 cause that would seriously help towards my next build.

I got it all working again I took it all apart as I was going to get ready in case I sold any of it. I took my HDD to my mates and formatted it within XP then I thought I'd put it back together for a race see how long it took me.

In total 45mins I put it in a new style casing put the stock HS/Fan on took my 550w PSU out. And put my old 400watt in removed my HDD cooler and rear exhaust fan (till I get a quiter 1). Used my original XP Pro disc again and it installed flawlessly.

The BIOS has reset it's self clock and everything cause it was all dismantled maybe but it's working again.

Back