• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Router Wars, double connection!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

night8jim

I have been conected to a router in my house for about 6 months with no problem, i fdid this using a 54mb wirless card, it never actually goes above 11mbs tho, even when up close.

All of a sudden it is connecting to the router with a limited connectivity meaning a cannot access the internet, the router has not given it an IP. So i tested the 5 other PCs in the house that are also connected to the router and they all work.

So i then took one of the wireless USB adapters from a PC, i have used this before in my PC but had to get rid of it due to it dropping connection every 3 mins or so, even tho it worked in the other PC.

Now this connected to the router fine and gave me the internet, only prob it cuts out evry couple of mins. REALLY ANNOYING!!

I have even put them both on at the same time, and they both connect to the router just the card version has limited still, and the other drops off after a min.

I have uninstalled the orginal card and reinstalled it still no luck, has any one expiernaced this before, i really need to do some work from the net.

Cheers James aka Night8jim

yea that happened to me yesterday, but i'm not using wireless. My mom's laptop is, and my dad's computer is wired like mine, and mine is the only one that it happened to, and so i restarted, it worked, then happened again, i reinstalled the drivers, still happened. But it's been on for a good long while now so I don't know what the hell. If it happens again I'm gonna go ahead and put my wireless back in. The one thing that may help tho is just reseting the router, but setting up all your ports and wep and crap can be time consuming sometimes when limited time.

Back