• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED HELP: Recover Information

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n0aH

I accidently deleted the partition on a hard drive of mine that has important data of mine on it, but have not overwritten on formated it yet. Whats a god FREE program to get this info back! Thanx

You're definately in luck because all your data should be 100% there and easily recoverable with the right software! Just don't try to alter any data/partitions/formats/etc on the drive until its all recovered!

Max0r said:
You're definately in luck because all your data should be 100% there and easily recoverable with the right software! Just don't try to alter any data/partitions/formats/etc on the drive until its all recovered!

yeah i know it should be there..just need you guys to find me a good program to get it :)

Actually, if you can find it. There is a program called undelete that came with DOS 5.0 and above. Here's a link to it:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...97-b7e5-4b31-badb-ddaac771295f&DisplayLang=en

Download and place in a new folder. Double click the stepup.exe and three files will decompress. Double click 3MSDOS62.EXE. 8 files will decompress in this folder. You will see UNDELETE.EX#. Rename it to UNDELETE.EXE and copy it to a MS-DOS startup disk. Reboot with that disk and when prompted with the a:\ type undelete.exe. I believe if you type a /? after undelete.exe it will show the help file.

It's a pain, but it's free. Everything else is a trial that I have found, and only allows to either find the files and not recover them, or recover just a few.

I googled a bunch of different data recovery programs this one time when I had a problem where after running some tainted software nothing would be too readable on one drive... a lot of them have free versions that don't recover but show you what can be recovered. I finally found one, however, that DID recover ****. I just don't remember any details at all. Either way, if worse comes to worse you might just want to pay for a good program... just avoid those ******* programs where you pay like $X per MB or GB... I HATE THAT.

Back