• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd drops the price on 939 amd AM2 chips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DANG! if thats true....those are HUGE pricedrops...
I wonder is that gonna translate into dual core pricedrops? I would love a less expensive 3800 X2 lol =P

They had to do something when everyone saw that Conroe was going to be dirt cheap upon arrival.

That is impressive. But what about the prices on their dual cores?? Single cores are old news...

Yeh I wonder how the prices for dual cores will be...if they are cheap Im gonna get another opty165 :D

This is sweet! I have a perfectly good A8V Deluxe sitting in a box collecting dust. With a $95 CPU I'd have a nice upgrade for my wife's aging socket A system ("Gray" in sig).

Seems more like they are just getting rid of inventory and at the same time try to help move some AM2 chips. The price war officially begins when dual cores drop in price.

I don't know if AMD will drop the x2 price because, it's core size was already big and now with rev. F it has increased so if it drops I don't think it would drop as much as the single core chips did.

i'm not too excited since they didn't list any dual-cores (or did they, isn't 3800 an x2? if so then $139 sounds good for a x2 3800). we'll see how amd tries to steal intel's thunder next month, here's hoping for further price drops - especially on the X2 and DC opterons (hopefully).

benbaked said:
i'm not too excited since they didn't list any dual-cores (or did they, isn't 3800 an x2? if so then $139 sounds good for a x2 3800). we'll see how amd tries to steal intel's thunder next month, here's hoping for further price drops - especially on the X2 and DC opterons (hopefully).

I think it's the 3800 single core..... x2 3800+ for $140 would be like an über dream...

dan

The 3800 listed is the single core one.

Back