• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cool CPU-Hot Case!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mariano88

Registered
My cpu never gets hotter than 105f but my case temp get up to around 116f. Is this something I should be concerned about? I already have four case fans, 2 ps fans, chipset, video, etc. Any Ideas?
Also the case temps quickly drop lower than the cpu's temps when I stop taxing the CPU.

what are you using to measure? is it possible that you have the numbers switched??

Air flow

It sound silly but Do u measure the temp from heatsink or from the core itself?
if heat sink then it probably didn't exactly touch the CPU core.
The other would be about air flow. you probably don't have a good air flow. even though you have 4 fan, that doen't mean you have good air circulation.

you could get more tech info from AMD site below

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_869_1039^1065,00.html

i think u got the sensors bakwards, as i dont see how the insie of a case can be hotter than the chip it self, heck it burn you just to put hand on case from that much heat, and it melt you ATA cables down to the metal

I am using vcool1.6 to get my temps from within windows and whatever sensors are in my KG7. I will double check the numbers with the hardware monitor in the bios to make sure there not switched. Thanks for the advice all.:cool:

In theory you could get those numbers if you were ducting air directly onto your heatsink and had most of your case fans blowing in. That would let air stagnate around the mobo sensor.

But if you're not ducting in, it should be impossible.

nihili

I have three fans blowing in: Bottom front, Next to proc above Serial ports, into 3 hard drives in bottom 3 - 5" bays

Three fans out: 2 in ps and one at top rear above Power.

It is a full tower with lots of open space (tucked and folded cables)

With that set up, if you don't have them switched, then your thermistors aren't reading accurately.

nihili

I used to use Vcool, it reads the temps backwards, you have to go into options and switch the sensors. With air cooling the only way you can get the proc cooler tahn the case is to duct air directly in from outside the case onto the hsf. The only other thing it may be is that the in-socket thermistor is way off.

Fiz

Fiz said:
I used to use Vcool, it reads the temps backwards, you have to go into options and switch the sensors. With air cooling the only way you can get the proc cooler tahn the case is to duct air directly in from outside the case onto the hsf. The only other thing it may be is that the in-socket thermistor is way off.

Fiz

Culprit found! I reversed the sensors in Vcool and now the temps line up with the BIOS. Thanks for all of your help. This forum kicks ***!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Well, I seen my sisters case inside of one of those computer desks with the compartment for the tower on the side. Needless to say, that thing was WAY HOT. Cpu temp was like 63* for four days, no lockups....but that case and air around it was really hot too.....MB temp was over 40 itself!!

Have to keep in mind that a bad computer desk design that hides your tower also keeps heat builtup......:mad:

I have one of those too, but i cut some holes in the back to let air in and out... the dest still needs some refinements but ohwell.

Back