• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey, even with non HDR cards, it is still possible to make it look like hdr.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rozal

Banned
I just noticed, when I contracted vampirism, when I go outside in the morning (not very birght) it kinda looks like HDR, and my card doesnt support HDR. This can be applied as a mod, yes?

Ill try it, but perhaps applying whats done when your a vampire can be done into a mod.

There is so much more to HDR than light bloom. No you can't have HDR on a card that doesn't support it. You can have ecessively annoying light bloom if you want it though.

That's the thing, you don't make it excessive. The thing with HDR, what I see alot in GRAW, is like when you zoom on a gun it goes from dark to like super bright which is incredible annoying, or you can't see a enemy at some points. The HDR now is just annoying, perhaps if they learn how to tame it down, so that the transition from dark to light is ever so slightly, then I'll use it.
Some times HDr does look cool, but its just inaccurate

yeah i agree it is overkill sometimes. I liked playing oblivion without HDR because it made everything look really weird and "glowy." Its good to a point but it was too much in Oblivion.

I like to think of HL2 Lost Coast as a prime example of where HDR was used correctly.

Agreed, but bloom can get in the way. they need to crank it down a notch.

As for Fake HDR, its simply crunching the same numbers, but with a greater degree of inacuracy as it doesn't use floating point numbers (IIRC)

Back