• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dont buy asrock...pics inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bignaz

Well second ASRock Mobo to mess up like this.

first one.

agp slot messes up and no longer would work right

onbord lan frys cant download more than 1kbs

replaced with same time asrock wouldent ram even tho i was still under warenty

same things happen as above

and it started a case fire. i traced the line to the - 12 volt all my componets are fine and the psu is new and top of the line so its the mobo

red is the fryed part green is the part that vaporized it hit the ide cable and cought the ide cable on fire lucky i was there smelled it and put the fire out.

i contacted asrock tellimg them about this and they teold me basicly to get f'ed. i explaned this has happend 2 times in a row the first time all the componets wree changed. new mem graphic card new athlon and psu and the mobo still messed up the same if this time cought a ide cable on fire and i asked them if i could rma it. they said they can only rma from aurothized dealers i said i bought it from newegg and never got a responce. so its my time to vent and f asrock there nothing but a holes.

bottom line is this could of burned down my house or killed me if i left it on why i was sleeping. if i wasent fast this could of burned down my house and i will never use there mobo's or products ever again.

the model was the K8 upgrade VM800 witht he newest revision bacuse i just got it about 2 weeks ago. im still not mad falure of hardware happens thats what rma is for but when they offer a warenty and refuse to honor there deal that is waht gets me and the kicker is this is a dangerous product and i thought they may want it back to see what happen so they can fix it but i guess they dont.

i have a man system that i just got not to long ago so i can aford to have my work hose sever pc down but what about those who cant? what about the 300gig hdd it killed when it cought the ide cable on fire and the wires all touched. theres data i wont get back and money out of my pocket becuse of there crappy mobo. personaly i will only be useing name brands such as asus gigabyte abit or msi maybe even a evga mobo since i was looking at them i dont know how good they are but the warenty speeks for its self.

i hate you ASRock now my room reaks of burn circut bord and melted plastic.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/bignazoc/ec5e58ba.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic. i dont have drivers for my sony on this pc yet. i'll get some better pics and it looks alot better ion the pic than it does in reall life and theres also damage on the back of the bord.

Yea same here, its rocking as a media rig, file server, and ripping rig. I feel bad for you, but just because you have a bad experince does not mean the company now suxs

Don't get us wrong, we all feel for you. This is the most sympathetic forum you'll come across but its no way enough reason to go saying "Asrock suck".

I agree with rest of us...and I think that is not the way..starting thread with name "Dont buy asrock...." = Asrock sucks! That is not right....judge whole brand (Asrock) for what? Just for bad luck you had with your board?

There might be something to this complaint.

I remembers seeing (but right now I can't remember just which forums), within the last few days, a guy posting that he received a refurb AsRock board from Newegg that was damaged when he received it and guess what...it had fried traces in what appear to be the exactly the same place as the one pictured in this thread. Of course if bignaz posted this elsewhere, it cold be the same board. :) I do believe that the other poster spotted it before using it and never fired (poor choice of words, huh?) it up.

bignaz,

One thing to keep in mind with respect to this comment...

"personaly i will only be useing name brands such as asus gigabyte abit or msi maybe even a evga mobo since i was looking at them i dont know how good they are but the warenty speeks for its self."

AsRock is the value line for Asus, so it is not like you bought a board build by someone in their garage workshop. All in all, most people have had good success with AsRock, but there could very well be a problem with some of these boards.

Reefa_Madness said:
There might be something to this complaint.

I remembers seeing (but right now I can't remember just which forums), within the last few days, a guy posting that he received a refurb AsRock board from Newegg that was damaged when he received it and guess what...it had fried traces in what appear to be the exactly the same place as the one pictured in this thread.

bignaz,

One thing to keep in mind with respect to this comment...

"personaly i will only be useing name brands such as asus gigabyte abit or msi maybe even a evga mobo since i was looking at them i dont know how good they are but the warenty speeks for its self."

AsRock is the value line for Asus, so it is not like you bought a board build by someone in their garage workshop. All in all, most people have had good success with AsRock, but there could very well be a problem with some of these boards.

We all know NewEgg doesn't check the refurbs and they will send you what ever is in the box so IMO its not a valid claim.
Asrock QC might be getting sloppy but we need to wait and see.

I am thinking it could be something else other than mobo. could be a floppy, or any of IDE dist internal short, if 2 boards went bad. I would check other possibilities besides the mobo.
In any event I am sorry for the bad experience w/ Asrock board. Hope they fulfill the RMA obligation.

yeah but 2 in a row?

i under stand that but i wasent judgeing the company on that. i mean even the best of them like asus wil have problems the problem is that they wont rma my mobo or honor there own warenty.

i checked all the componets and there fine but this is odd 2 mobo's do the same thing and im pretty shure that if keep useing the first mobo it wuld of cught fire also.

well i just put a gigabyte in it and everything is running much better than the asrock. seems alot faster and game play is better "got a nforce 3" but i also planed on upgraded that mobo to a full size atx so its not really bad.

i just sent another e mail to ASRock's service since the tec dep. won respond and i noted that in my e mail and i sent alongpics and a list of what happen soi'll see if they respond.

i use to like ASRock they were good mobos untill this and if they honored there warenty or even said ther sorry about what happen i may still have one in my pc but they dident do any of that. and for pete sakes there was a fire in my computer.

I had two identical motherboards fail in a similar manner several years ago, and after that I knew it couldn't be the motherboard. I opened my power supply and found a resistor that had burned itself out. Just some food for thought.

yeah it really seems to me that if you have had 2 die in a row it's more likely a problem with another component, not AsRock. Thousands of people buy them and never have issues. You might be having a PSU issue like =ACID RAIN= said.

Hmm. Pity to hear.

I personally thought their quality control was getting better, at least with the dual sata's. The first I bought had corrupted BIOS, but the RMA has been great. Fewer complaints about them have been showing up across several forums. hmmmm

That sucks..... What's your PSU again? It's not like the boards are crappy, just the support. Rebel's haven mod has used several 939s and said they all performed differently. Low budget ASUStek, St. Ides they ride.

Back