• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a case for watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

well ive had it with air cooling .. temps suck .. partially because of my hardware and me running this v1000 .. so its gotta go ..
ill be watercooling my cpu .. sli'd 7800 512mb gtxs and maybe my chipset .. not sure yet ..

my case choices are down to these 2 .. either a silverstone tj07 or a lian li
G70 .. since on the g70 i could easily fit a thermochill pa120.3 and that should be plenty to cool my hardware or any upcoming hardware .. only thing is its kinda HUGE .. where as the tj07 is a little smaller then a stacker

It has been my experience that you start out with a small case and keep replacing it with a larger one till finally you realize that it can't be too big. More room means easier modifications and water-cooling setup. JMO

With that said I will be ordering the U2-UFO (black powder coat) case and then hopefully I will be happy! :beer:

I'm working on a TJ07 right now...looks like it will be quite easy to fit watercooling and the quality trumps any LL case I've ever seen.

SiGfever said:
It has been my experience that you start out with a small case and keep replacing it with a larger one till finally you realize that it can't be too big. More room means easier modifications and water-cooling setup. JMO

With that said I will be ordering the U2-UFO (black powder coat) case and then hopefully I will be happy! :beer:

Hit it right on the head here. My U2-UFO has left a wake of smaller cases littered throughout my house. Sure it is large, but when you have the lid and both sides off as you are building your rig you will say 'holy cow I have all this gear in here and there is still room for both of my hands!'.

Bottom line to me is that it comes down to how much modification are you willing to do to your case. Most cases, even the newer cases featuring 120mm fan mounts and multiple fan locations, just don't come out of the box ready for the kind of cooling that someone overclocking an SLI rig is looking for. The U2-UFO solves this with a plethora of fan locations, but you can also solve that problem yourself if you don't mind hacking holes in your case. Just make sure the case you pick

Now all that said, I have seen alot of really nice WC rigs using the TJ07 that you mentioned. You can mount a rad either at the top of the case or in the bottom area facing to the side.

do u have any links .. all the ones i have seen have had the radiator mounted on the bottom ?

also is it better to orient the case to btx ? i know some places can do that for like 2 dollars lol when u buy the case ??

Back